ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Please help me decide (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/322530-please-help-me-decide.html)

Bergerson 01-13-2010 09:58 PM

Thanks for tall the replies guys, I think I am going to look at and ride both the Polaris and the Griz, and see which one i like the best out of the two. I'll keep you posted

Bergerson 01-14-2010 08:54 PM

still cant decide, I looked at both bikes and I cant decide between the Yam or the polaris.... Arrgghhh..

The good about the bikes

Yam 660
1. Includes fold up alluminum ramp
2. full camo covers for plastics (camo kit)
3. brand new titan MT tires
4. rear camo rack bags/seat
5 Alum Dif/axle guards
The Bad
Yam 660

1. 715 hours 2200 miles
I am concerned about the miles and hours on this bike everything else looks and sounds great, def more power than the polaris

Polaris 600

Good
1. 95 hours and 210 miles
2. like new everything
3 cushy ride
4. warn winch

bad .
1. $500 more in price
2. UGLY Blue

Thanks for the advice

I am leaning for the yam just for brute power and looks and extras, less the winch, but the polaris is a peach, like new :confused::confused:

05twin700 01-15-2010 07:25 AM

the polaris will be more comfy, but the 660 is going to have more grunt than the 600. winch is a must have on these big machines.

the blue plastics can be switched out if you like. id say check both out one more time, then, if you like the 600 better, see if they will come down on price a little. never hurts to ask.

TLC 01-15-2010 08:25 AM

715 hours 2200 miles
Thats odd ,the norm is 110 hr per 1000 miles give or take. 715hr at 2200 is a average of 3 mph riding or the ATV was just idling for long,long,long periods of time.

95hr at 210miles means the Polaris averaged 1.3 mph or sat idling forever also.

Bergerson 01-15-2010 09:53 AM

I do know that both these bikes are/were used for hunting, so slow going most of their life...

TLC 01-15-2010 09:58 AM

Thats good news you can't hurt or wear out much putting around at those slow clawl speeds.

I would rather have a ATV with 2000 miles of 3 mph riding than a ATV with 500 miles of 50mph riding.

DODGE57HEMI 01-15-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by TLC (Post 2885131)
Thats odd ,the norm is 110 hr per 1000 miles give or take. 715hr at 2200 is a average of 3 mph riding or the ATV was just idling for long,long,long periods of time.

95hr at 210miles means the Polaris averaged 1.3 mph or sat idling forever also.

It is poss the key was left on for a long period as well!!!

Big600twin 01-15-2010 04:32 PM

I have an '03 600 Polaris and my good friend has a '04 660 Grizzly that I have ridden a ton. The polaris has a much better ride and the winch is a must for me. Running side by side his Grizz is a little faster out of the shoot but I start to catch up after a long high speed run. He has more clearance to put on bigger mud tires and the diff lock is nice for the Grizz. For me the ride quality is more important and the fact the Polaris has a lot less use, it is like it is brand new. Either machine will be good but if you want a plusher ride and want a winch buy the Polaris. If you want a little better mud capabilities and a little harsher ride go with the Grizzly. As for reliability his Grizz has been a little better then my Polaris but mine is ridden all year round and has been riden pretty hard. Lots of mud and lots of snow and slush in the winter. It is a tough choice to make.

Bergerson 01-16-2010 09:07 PM

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH>>>.. I again today went and looked at both bikes... Sh1t! I cant choose.... the popo is mint but at 140lbs heavier and not as much balls I cant decide. the yam is a beast, a little rougher, tougher and just looks mean. that dam thing will climb anything! pulls the front wheels off the ground from a stop on pavement...... the popo is much less power but a plush ride, kinda like a race car vs caddy..

bitterfitter 01-17-2010 08:30 AM

Remember, the caddy has a winch too. A Warn winch at that. In the high mount location, that I liked better than the low mount on the XP's. Of course, the trade-off is the 600 has the low radiator mount, that is sometimes (though less than I expected) a pain in mud or deep snow. The grizzly has new tires, which addresses the one issue I have with most stock quads, crap tires. It is nearly bulletproof, though not my fav for hills, especially sidehilling. As a personal thing, the handlebar angle is not the best for me on the 660, just seems odd on my wrists.

Guess I didn't help much... sorry