Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How to get in touch with Polaris main office

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get in touch with Polaris main office

My dad is turning 70 this week. For his birthday, I decided to redo his atv for him. He has an 02 Sportsman 500, and loves riding it. He talked of buying a new one, but just can't part with this one. So, I ordered all new plastics from Cheap Cycle Parts, who have been great and cheaper, by the way.

There was an issue with the part number for the rear cab. Seems the part number had been changed. I inquired about it, and the rep called Polaris and told him that was the new number and that it was the correct one, for this machine.

So, I got the plastics and spent the last couple days in the snow, putting them all on. It wasn't till I got the last piece on that I noticed a difference in the color. Seems Polaris changed the part number alright, but they are selling the rear cab in a different color than the one it's supposed to be. They don't have any more in the Porsche Red, which is what I need, so I got an Indy red one instead. If I would have known I wasn't gonna get matching colors, I certainly wouldn't have bought a set. Instead, nine hundred dollars later, and I have an unmatched set of plastics.

Between us, we've owned 7 Polaris machines. While our friends were buying jap quads, and dissin Polaris, we were always the ones that stuck for them. I'd like to be able to speak with a rep at the home office, and don't know how about doing it. Hopefully, Polaris will step up to the plate and fix this.

Sorry this was so long, very frustrating. Hopefully someone has the info I need.

Thanks...Scott

Old 02-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Scott I had an issue with replacement plastic for an insurance repair on the 08 Stealth Black. The first stock plastic was more of a flat texture. When they replaced it I was as SURE as day they messed up and ordered the WRONG plastic. Then I discovered from the second shop (I ripped my bike out of the first b/c too many incompetent issues) that it was INDEED the right front/rear cab plastic.

Sure enough POLARIS had changed the plastic for Stealth and no longer manufactured the previous flat black color. I was upset at first but then some added benefits were since it has a little gloss to its black texture it really cleans up better.

Why am I mentioning this? Well just for some extra info. for ya as it happened to me, not sure about the part number thing. But even if I wanted to I couldn't get the old flat black OEM style.

I hope Polaris fixes this for you and treats you right as a customer my friend, let us know how it all pans out and post some pics of your Refurb project.

Cheers,

R'

Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol my brother called the CEO's office and spoke with his assitant, who in the end actually got a service manager to get in touch with my brother. Not that it has seemed to really help. Ill see if i can get that number for you,.. lol

Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Range Rover

Thanks RticKwad, I'll try to do that.

Popoman, I'm gonna have to assume you're trying to funny...if that's the case, you strike out horribly. I'm not seeing much funny about this. If I'm misreading you, and you are trying to help, I'd appreciate it.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

Here is the phone number I use...1-888-704-5290..hope this helps you all out......

Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 400x
Thanks RticKwad, I'll try to do that.

Popoman, I'm gonna have to assume you're trying to funny...if that's the case, you strike out horribly. I'm not seeing much funny about this. If I'm misreading you, and you are trying to help, I'd appreciate it.
uh no he called the ceo office because because he got tired of dealing with your standard run of the mill customer service guy who couldnt/wouldnt do anything.

wasnt trying to be funny? thought it was funny he actually got through to the CEO's assistant.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

thanks everyone... I did what I should have done in the first place, I went to my local dealer. He's always been great to me, and to be honest I never thought about getting plastics from him. He just happened to have a full set of exactly what I needed, and sold me just the rear cab. Man, that made my whole day...well, after I came home and spent 3 hours in the blowing snow taking everything back off and reinstalling. But, it looks good, like it should and I am happy.

Hopefully, I can get the place to take back the wrong part they sent. They had told me that I needed to have the sticker on the plastic in order to get a refund. I told them I threw all the packaging away, not thinking I'd ever have this problem. It turns out, that the sticker with the bar code is on the plastic itself, and not the packaging, so hopefully I won't have an issue with getting my money back. I'll find out tomorrow or so.

I can live with eating the cost of the plastic, though my dealer said he'd swap the rear cab for some work I need to have done, so I won't be completely out...no thanks to the idiots at Polaris.

Sorry for the misunderstanding popoman. I couldn't tell if you were just screwing around or not. That is funny tho...especially now that I can take that Polaris knife outta my back. Thanks..

Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

at least your dealer helped you out to make you a happy customer for the future for him. this is what they all should be like.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ditto!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

if you get a chance, you should post some pics of the completed project.

Quick Reply: How to get in touch with Polaris main office