Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'09 Trailblazer 330 - Would I be happy? Good upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Trailblazer 330 - Would I be happy? Good upgrade?

Here is my situation, I have had a '90 Trail Boss 2x4 250 for my whole life. My grandpa bought it new then gave it to me. Anyways, it is showing it's age mechanically and frankly I wouldn't mind upgrading to something else. It won't idle and when I get it running it constantly bogs down.

So I'm looking at an '09 Trailblazer 330. Does anybody have any opinions or experience with these? I never had a problem keeping up with my buddys on the trails with the Trail Boss so I would think this would be a bit better. I like the look, I like the light-weight, I like that it would have a bit more power than what I had. I would love four-wheel drive but that isn't necessary.

So my questions are reliability? Trail manners, can it get through some stuff? Anything else. I may be able to get a good deal so that it why I'm looking at this model. Otherwise I'd go with a Sportsman 500.

Any input would be great. Thanks!

Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

I have 2 trailbosses. An o2 325 and an 03 330. They are trailbosses. not a lot of difference in them Also had a 250 trailblazer. Both are good bikes to ride and dependable. They run good on the trails also. I Also have a wolverine that we took out friday. My wife and daughter were on the TB's and a couple times I went through stuff I thought they would get stuck in but they came through with ease. I have ridden with a few hondas, yamahas, and others and they do suprisingly well. They are light enough to slide around corners and fun to ride. If you are used to the 250 these will be far more comfortable. Are there better faster quads sure. But it is hard to beat the ride of these. If you can get a good deal and the 250 served you well go for it. Hope that helps. TonyT

Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by tonythom
I have 2 trailbosses. An o2 325 and an 03 330. They are trailbosses. not a lot of difference in them Also had a 250 trailblazer. Both are good bikes to ride and dependable. They run good on the trails also. I Also have a wolverine that we took out friday. My wife and daughter were on the TB's and a couple times I went through stuff I thought they would get stuck in but they came through with ease. I have ridden with a few hondas, yamahas, and others and they do suprisingly well. They are light enough to slide around corners and fun to ride. If you are used to the 250 these will be far more comfortable. Are there better faster quads sure. But it is hard to beat the ride of these. If you can get a good deal and the 250 served you well go for it. Hope that helps. TonyT
Great input. My old Trail Boss has been great. Like you said they do a lot more than you think they would for a 250. I rode with my buddies last fall, one has a '08 Outlander XT 500, one has an '09 Renegade 500, and the other had a '09 Mud Pro 700. I kept up with them all day, with my girlfriend on the back too. For trail riding it is awesome and that is all I'm really looking. I'm going to give the dealer a call and see what they have to say. I also like that your saying the 330 will have a better ride too. That would be nice. Like I said 4x4 would be nice but not necessary. I have a sled for the winter.

Thanks again for the input!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

330s are great machines but need a little clutching to get good power(very cheap mod)
If you buy new have the dealer instal a 400 Scrambler primary spring.
If 4x4 is in the books look at the 500 Scrambler

Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by ftwflh
330s are great machines but need a little clutching to get good power(very cheap mod)
If you buy new have the dealer instal a 400 Scrambler primary spring.
If 4x4 is in the books look at the 500 Scrambler
I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

So I talked to the dealer and it turns out they have an '09 Scrambler as well. I would love to have four-wheel drive and the extra power. The only thing I don't like about the Scrambler is the headlights. Does everything else make up for the goofy headlights? I could live with it if it is that great of a quad. I would love some more opinions. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Hey the Scrambler is to me the very best all around quad made

Trending Topics

Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

I just wish they did something with the styling of the headlights. I understand the headlight on the Trailblazer is worthless, but it looks a ton better than the Scrambler. I'm running some numbers. If they have the Scrambler in a couple weeks we will see how bad they want to sell it. That would be my pick right now depending on the price. I would just have to modify the lights somehow down the road.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Check a few other dealers.Some may even have a 06-08 left over for even better deal.There isnt much if any dif in the years

Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

I will have to look into that. I know this dealer said they has two '08 Trailblazers and one '09 Scrambler that they bought off Polaris from other dealers that closed. So I'm guessing they got a good deal. I do like the black/white/red color scheme these models have. How far does that scheme go back on the Scrambler?

Quick Reply: '09 Trailblazer 330 - Would I be happy? Good upgrade?