Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

well i did it today. shatterd the front rim. the day before the wheel bots striped

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz

the to top that off. just leaving town and had someone right on my bumper. so i slowed down to 15. then follow me for about 20 miles. i turn they turned. i lost them. then i whent back on the highway only for them to make a u-turn to follow me again. lost them a few times only for them to find me again. i did get behind them only for them to turn off and then get behind me again. was starteing to **** me off. was gona call the cops but they would have done nothing. but after about 45min i dont know if they gave up or didnt want to go down the road i when on. or what. but i was ready to get out with a bat and ask what the fu(k buddy?... next time im gona. i did tell a cop and ask about it. but he just said "its not harrasment" and he asked if i had a cell phone. but like that would have matterd. theyed do jack crap about it. so it wasent worth my time. ill bet if id follow a cop id get a ticket. but not the person following everyturn i made.
Chuck,

Missed the part about being stalked. Here's some advise...

If it happens again... DON'T STOP. Your two best friends in that situation are a cell phone to call the cops, and a well lit, populated area.. preferably the nearest police station. Also, NEVER, EVER, EVER go home if you know for sure you are being followed... shouldn't need to explain why.

Take it from a crazy ole Scout Sniper Marine, who is also licensed to carry a concealed weapon... you can get yourself in trouble, or someone can get hurt (or worse) if you aggravate the situation. You never know if it's a crazy person with ill intent, some kids just being mischievous, or some sort of the "law" following you because of mistaken identity (cough cough)... and that happens... trust me.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DCT
Chuck,

Sucks about your rim. If you want steel rims, look into the ITP Delta rims.

Hope you didn't do a number on that flimsy plastic roller cage.
i have a steel set for winter. guess i should have left them on insted. oh well. live ya learn.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 09 popo HO
Chuck,
I had the exact thing happen to my alum Rim after being stuck in a huge mud hole filled with stones.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...minum-rim.html

I had a buddy take it to his work and he had one of his welders fix it up. Did a great job and I haven't had a problem yet.

As for the 90 ft/lbs for the aluminum rims. The dealer installed different wheel studs for the aluminum rims when I bought it. They said the standard HO studs don't hold up to the 90 ft/lbs.

Hope the week get's better for ya.
ya. i rember that. but mine is a bit more than a crack. its a full blown hole. ill get pics when its light out. the rim would be a nice wall clock...... cut the back part off. and put the arms in the center is what im thinking.

wish i would have known that before about them not holding up.

but i whent for parts today. and i told them the new ones i got were stripping out. well they gave me 8 new studs and lugnuts. so got that at a good deal. as i should have. thats a bunch of crap. i evon thought that was a lot of tork. well then they sent me to the atv setup guy. well he said the polaris xp's are only at 75ft lbs. but i torked mine to 65. so maybe this will help. alltho i will check them from time to time.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DCT
Chuck,

Missed the part about being stalked. Here's some advise...

If it happens again... DON'T STOP. Your two best friends in that situation are a cell phone to call the cops, and a well lit, populated area.. preferably the nearest police station. Also, NEVER, EVER, EVER go home if you know for sure you are being followed... shouldn't need to explain why.

Take it from a crazy ole Scout Sniper Marine, who is also licensed to carry a concealed weapon... you can get yourself in trouble, or someone can get hurt (or worse) if you aggravate the situation. You never know if it's a crazy person with ill intent, some kids just being mischievous, or some sort of the "law" following you because of mistaken identity (cough cough)... and that happens... trust me.
well i talked to 2 city and 1 county officer. they all said the same. all they can do is pull them over and ask. i told them well thats not right. for what they were doing it should be wrong. in any case the next time. i will be on the phone with the dispatcher and walking to there car asking what the fu(k you want?!?!?!?! im not gona put up with it again... that pissed me off. think i took a few 100miles off my trans in my truck since its slipping going though all that. since my truck a piece of junk anyways i should have played chickin with them. this way i have a good reason to get a diffent truck. still pisses me off the cops REALLY wont do anything.... bet if id follow a cop like they did to me id have a nice ticket....

Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

ok... well after all was said and done. the damage was:

(F)alum rim(dealer take off)-$69.00
8 lugnuts------------------$warranty
8 studs--------------------$warranty
1 front brake disk----------$55
1 front (L) caliper bracket -$35

about and hrs worth of time, and 32 miles of driveing for parts. so the rock wedged it self between the rim and the caliper. bent the caliper bracket and the disk. then musta punched a hole in the rim.

in the end i have a polaris center cap and i may have a wall clock (might not look to bad)!!!!!

will add pics in the next 24hrs of the rim and the damn rock.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 AM
DCT
Banned

Glad you got the quad fixed Chuck... sorry that it cost you.

As for the stalking, you sound like me... you'd rather confront than walk away. That being the case, here's my other advise...

If it's possible to carry a handgun (concealed or visible) in MN, I would get a good reliable one with a lazer sight.... AND LEARN HOW AND WHEN TO USE IT! Keep in mind that there's a lot more to learning how to use a weapon than just hitting a target. You have to understand how to carry it, hold it, and more importantly that there is no bringing the lead back when you squeeze off the trigger.

The nice part about a Lazer sight is the fact that just seeing the Lazer will often deter a would be perpetrator.

Take care, be safe... and smart.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

maybe i should just cary a laser pointer and a childs gun this way the fine will be less.

but here are some of my pics. i didnt get a pic of the rock. but i still have it.

Name:  DSC02766.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  140.6 KB
Name:  DSC02769.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  111.7 KB
Name:  DSC02771.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  101.0 KB
Name:  DSC02775.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  125.2 KB

and tha caliper mount. you can see its bent

Name:  DSC02782.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  115.6 KB

Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
DCT
Banned

maybe i should just cary a laser pointer and a childs gun this way the fine will be less.
Nah... just take the piece of the busted up wheel and throw it at them.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

You weren't kidding when you said it had a hole in it. Holy $%^&.
Some one on kijiji was just selling a set of popo steel wheels for $85 for all 4. I should pounced on that deal just in case my rims explode like yours did.

This is the main reason I would like to get some 14" rims. It would give more clearance between the dish of the rim and the discs.

I remember being unmarried and without kids. If you wanted something, you bought it. Trying to get the go ahead for new quad stuff has been difficult lately. I think she's jealous of the POPO.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think about that for one second.. you pull out a toy... they are threatened and pull out a real one and there you stand with your toy...

you bluff in poker, not with guns.

either get a concealed permit and a handgun training/safety course or dont play that game.

Quick Reply: well i did it today. shatterd the front rim. the day before the wheel bots striped