Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

home made rack flag pole

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
Funny you should say that. I'm digging a nightmare pond now. I just got in after 10 hours in the seat of a 48,000lb excavator. The clay is beyond belief. There's so much more material than I bargained for. Also rented a tracked CAT skidstreer to move the gunk. Clay is nasty stuff, but will make for a great pond liner. -It's just endless buckets (big buckets) of slop. Almost pulled my boots off my feet when I stepped down from the machine. All over the kids feet....friggin' dog is running through it. I'm drinking tonight.

You place looks great Gut.
Laughing heartily at the grand picture of a good old New England clay mud bath for everyone. I think it's almost impossible to go anywhere this time of year in Northern New England without getting clay on you or your vehicle. It is a great pond liner though. There's a guy not far from my property in VT that has a series of small ponds stepping down a hill. A spring feeds into the first one, down to the next, and on and on. Each pond is about 10x20 or so. Really nice.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep- clay is a nightmare for sure- It got to a point where I was so frustrated at fighting with the back hoe that I ended up just using a shovel for a lot of it. Makes such a mess, I hate the film it leaves on my skin and even using a power washer to clean equipment takes for ever! But it does hold water nicely!

Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, an X-Marine and you talk about your skin having a little film on it, I never even heard a BAM talk that way!!! Take that power washer and let Jan clean you off.
You know this is just a joke, please don't come after me.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on, an X-Marine and you talk about your skin having a little film on it, I never even heard a BAM talk that way!!! Take that power washer and let Jan clean you off.
You know this is just a joke, please don't come after me.
alright- I had that coming

and- it's FORMER marine