ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read and help............ (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/331683-help-please-read-help.html)

djoptimus5 10-12-2010 05:50 PM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read and help............

Ok so i have a 2002 polaris trailboss 325. I sank it in a river over the weekend, well not sand, but i was doing some deep water exploring, and nothing happened except i got water in one of my headlight housings, and the bulb shattered on the way home in the dark. Luckily i have 2 lights!!!!! So anyway, they are the twist out style, you turn the harness plug in the back of the headlight assembly and the bulb plugs in. So it should be replaceable??? right???? Well i called my dealer and he said 74 dollars for one!!!!! Thats a whole assembly!!!! I dont need the assembly, i just need a bulb and they said they cant help me. Wire up a set from walmart they said. Is there a part number for them, or can someone help me to find the cross reference number for a bulb i can get at walmart for 10 bucks??? I really done want to buy a cheap set of lights and wire them in myself........:(

Overdrive 10-12-2010 05:54 PM

I used to know the automotive part number but I have forgotten. Take the old bulb to any good auto parts store and they will find you a bulb. They are about $6 or so.

TLC 10-12-2010 06:00 PM

Yeah it retarded that they want the whole unit replaced for those lower bulbs. Like he says, bring the bulb in to a Auto store,they can,t be a "One of a kind Polaris bulb" .

old polaris tech 10-12-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by djoptimus5 (Post 2968432)
Ok so i have a 2002 polaris trailboss 325. I sank it in a river over the weekend, well not sand, but i was doing some deep water exploring, and nothing happened except i got water in one of my headlight housings, and the bulb shattered on the way home in the dark. Luckily i have 2 lights!!!!! So anyway, they are the twist out style, you turn the harness plug in the back of the headlight assembly and the bulb plugs in. So it should be replaceable??? right???? Well i called my dealer and he said 74 dollars for one!!!!! Thats a whole assembly!!!! I dont need the assembly, i just need a bulb and they said they cant help me. Wire up a set from walmart they said. Is there a part number for them, or can someone help me to find the cross reference number for a bulb i can get at walmart for 10 bucks??? I really done want to buy a cheap set of lights and wire them in myself........:(

4030059 bulb # from Polaris OR just match up at an auto dealer as suggested. I think someone didn't check close enough or trying to get rid of a couple lights in stock??? OPT

randyneff6971 10-12-2010 08:27 PM

OLD POLARIS TECH is that a double or single filament bulb, 2 or 3 wires?

old polaris tech 10-12-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by randyneff6971 (Post 2968493)
OLD POLARIS TECH is that a double or single filament bulb, 2 or 3 wires?

Shows only the light assy on the t/boss,BUT shows the bulb separate on the magnum(uses same assy) If you have hi and low beam,will be a double filament. OPT

djoptimus5 10-12-2010 09:44 PM

Yeah the ones i have on mine are 3 wire high low beam.

djoptimus5 10-12-2010 09:46 PM

I guess thats what i will have to do tomorrow. And i'll have to remember not to sink the headlights underwater, but its soooooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerbbirds 10-13-2010 07:17 AM

Ge-# 886 I believe

djoptimus5 10-14-2010 08:29 PM

Well i went on a goose chase yesterday and i found nothing. I ewnt to advance auto parts and the guy spent half an hour trying to find something to work. Not even universal adapters or anything. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!