Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What snow plow should I buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that most do not like their G2 plow systems, but I have not had any problems with my 60" on a 800 Sp so far. I have moved some large amounts of snow with it without any problems. I think it has a lot to do with how many driveways you plow and how hard you hit solid snow banks, as to how well it will hold up. I bought it before the bad reports and mainly for the fast hook up.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer
Thumbs down

Starting to wonder if all these anti-G2 people are the same people that complain about Dodge Transmissions, or Harley Davidson's realiability... Are they all the same people that never actually owned one? Only knew someone who did?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

i went with a tusk 50 inch from rmatv $319 shipped, and i think at Christmas you get a $40 gift card too. i also got the tire chains too(almost mandatory for pushing piled snow). no problems so far except when striking blade in reverse the mount can come loose.

mounting does require you look under machine, and mount brackets removes in seconds so you get your ground clearance back. they have a you tube video. at full angle 50 blade is same width as ATV

i put on some cheap 1200# cable on winch so i dont wreck my 50 ft 'er or bend any metal when pushing and lifting. the $15 cable last way longer than the original cable. its thinner and doesn't flatten

my sportsman 600 twin has piled snow 6ft high, just lift the blade while you push.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by watz
Starting to wonder if all these anti-G2 people are the same people that complain about Dodge Transmissions, or Harley Davidson's realiability... Are they all the same people that never actually owned one? Only knew someone who did?
I had one and is was a POS junk... and it cost me $500 to find out. If you would do a search in this forum instead of posting something stupid, you would find a lot of people who had trouble with them and OWNED them. I saw a pile of bent up G II mounts at the dealer. He fought with Polaris to do something... and the would do nothing.

Anybody with half a brain would know something was not right with them if Polaris has gone to all the trouble of building a new REINFORCED Glacier II mount.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Boss Man
I had one and is was a POS junk... and it cost me $500 to find out. If you would do a search in this forum instead of posting something stupid, you would find a lot of people who had trouble with them and OWNED them. I saw a pile of bent up G II mounts at the dealer. He fought with Polaris to do something... and the would do nothing.

Anybody with half a brain would know something was not right with them if Polaris has gone to all the trouble of building a new REINFORCED Glacier II mount.
Geezzz, why don't you tell us how you really feel!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Boss Man
I saw a pile of bent up G II mounts at the dealer. He fought with Polaris to do something.
Thanks for proving my point. I am sure you saw a bunch of bent parts that you didn't own and didn't see used.

I am sorry you apparently can't handle your equipment. My G2 works fine, same as my G1 but with more clearance. Guess I am just lucky OR SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHEN TO USE MY QUAD AND NOT MY SKID LOADER.

Love ya boss, don't feel bad we all have lessons to learn.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by watz
Thanks for proving my point. I am sure you saw a bunch of bent parts that you didn't own and didn't see used.

I am sorry you apparently can't handle your equipment. My G2 works fine, same as my G1 but with more clearance. Guess I am just lucky OR SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHEN TO USE MY QUAD AND NOT MY SKID LOADER.

Love ya boss, don't feel bad we all have lessons to learn.
Good luck with your sissy plow... sounds like it is a perfect match for you.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

The best I have seen for any wheeler out there is the Warn models..................

Old 12-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Check out KFI fab their plows look nice, didnt see prices on web site, I think I will call them , if anyone gets more info let us know