Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What did I get into?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did I get into?

We bought two polaris 330 trail boss in 2009 (wife and me) we haven't ridden that much -under 20 hrs - but getting better. Except one of them had the engin temp lite on and the cooling fan running, all the time (killed the battery) Not ubder warrente - Dealer said to replace the theromister - wasted $80.00 waisted not the problem. Than the dealer said it was the ECM it cost me just under $300.00 After learning about the recall's I am afraid to install it! Are they ALL junk? Is there a work arround or a better component to replace the ECM?
Thanks for any help

Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site roy-
sorry to hear about your issues- if the ecm is under a recall and its not working properly, it should be replaced by the dealer free of charge regardless if it's under a warranty... are you sure it's a recall or just a TSB?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to the site. give a dealer your vin#'s from the bikes and he can run them to see if they were on the recall list.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for ECM's they are usually great at the dealers.....I had two replaced free of charge and now on my third one, But not a Trail Boos though it's a 2006 Sportsman 450.
And mine was new(year to year and a half) when both ECM acted up.

.........Second one I did pay for and they told me to phone the VIN number in to them when I got home.......Few minutes later they called me back and told me to drop back in for a full refund........Was not even the dealer I bought the Two Quads from!!............Caper......