Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris service question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris service question

Bought a new 2007 polaris sportsman 500 EFI and immediately had problems. Dealer performed some warranty work...then had issues with the stater. Dealer sent me to finance company...they sent me to Polaris...Polaris sent me back to dealer.
Problem is I'm paying for bike that Polaris can't supply the dealer with parts for. I've been waiting for 2 weeks now and the "stater" has to be assemble in Japan and sent here...may take another month.
I called up Polaris regarding my disappointment with paying for a new bike that I can't use (its hunting season!!)
Polaris does not accept reponsibility for this.
Dealer won't trade in my bike for another unless I take a $4000 loss.
Anyone else have issues with this??

Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Sometimes when you purchase a new product parts are not stocked yet. This also happens with new auto's.

What happened to your new atv?

Good dealer would pull part from atv on showroom floor to get you going.

Still in warranty or not?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dealer kept assuring me there was nothing he could do. He wouldn't take part off another bike, wouldn't deal with Polaris directly, wouldn't/couldn't do anything but apologize over and over. All I can get from the dealer is that the "stater" is gone.
I'm simply appauld that Polairs boasts about its billion dollar sales, yet is not interested in the least with assisting me with the problem. There was a complete lack of concern.
I bought this bike for hunting and its spent 90% of the season in the shop. How is it my fault that Polaris can't supply parts for its products?
I'm stuck making hefty payments on a bike I don't have, no one knows when I'll get it back and Polaris isn't responsible for the condition of its bikes. Sad thing is, I'm not the only one. Others here are having issues with their Sportsmen 500's (computer errors, seals, staters, etc)
Just burns my ars.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

in a nut shell, you have a bad polaris dealer for sure.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Definitely a bad dealer.

Maybe your next conversation with them should start with, 'My attorney says..." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'd call a few other dealers just to see if they have the part, and if not, how long it would take them to get it.

Good luck.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's why I"m SO ticked off...cause POLARIS doesn't even know when they'll get the parts in. Parts are on the assembly line in JAPAN.
Long way from N.O. Canada.
"At least a month, maybe 6 weeks."
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Holy did you finance thru Polaris on the star card , if so read the return statement on the back , Polaris tried to stick me with a higher Interest rate and payments than what was quoted, I call the dealer he said he isnt doing anything and i was to see the finance Co. about the problem, I then threatend to return the atv cause i wasnt happy with the product or services as it says on the statement, they then dropped the interest rate and dropped the payment as well. if you play hardball with them they will always give in, I also emailed 7 VPs with Polaris and Hsbc and then they stopped playing games.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I don't understand how the stator is not stocked anywhere, being that the Fuji 500 has been around for so many years. Sorry to hear about your dealer not helping you out.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Wayne's World Polaris in Bancroft ,Ontario..........phone # (613) 332 4649
E mail www.waynesworld.on.ca
One of the largest in Ontario...........Bought mine there and great service AFTER the sale!!

If he can't help you out, nobody can............

Even sent my ECM through the mail for me!!!!trouble-shoot by e-mail!!1

Very happy with his service!!!!....Caper............Where in Ontario are you??

Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Caper: I'm up near Timmins, Bancroft is quite a ways from home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Told the dealer yesterday to keep his peice of crap and give me something new. Needless to say he gave me the run around...didn't want to buy out the bike I had. The mechanic told me it was the best thing I could do, Polaris still doesn't know when the stators will even reach the U.S. Looking at a "possible" shipment date of December 7th. Therefore, that would be two payments without having a bike.
Tried out a 2007 Suzuki Vinson, seems pretty sweet...just need bigger, more aggressive tires on it. I told the husband that I simply liked the rims. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
It's too bad that Polaris was more interested ingnoring me than hearing me out...they lost a customer. I was looking to buy a new sled this year...WON'T be a Polaris. Jerks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: polaris service question