Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

00 TB325 HELP!-video included

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 00 TB325 HELP!-video included

ok so ill give a quick run down, shortly after i bought the quad i heard what i thought was the belt frayed and slapping my cover...replaced belt, rebuild secondary and primary

so after that i didnt notice the slapping sound, but, at the same time i wear a helmet and just might not have heard it...so every once in a while i cruise around with my helmet kinda half off and i can hear the noise again. so yesterday i took off the chain guard(tightened chain) and the rear brake master cover to see if it was the chain maybe slapping around(this is after ive narrowed the sound down to being on the right side, not clutch side)

there is no noise in neutral and pretty sure no noise in reverse too, also, when i have the rear wheels off the ground with no load on the drivetrain there is no noise...so with the wheels off the ground i have my buddy sit on the quad, put it in forward and giver gas and no noise, so then i tell him to put pressure on the rear break simulating load...this is when i hear the noise and its really not sounding like slapping but more of a kind of crunching or knocking type sound...when i put my hand on the trans i can feel the sound, anyone know what kind of problem i could be lookin at?? and like i said, with no load wheels off the ground it doesnt make the noise but if its on the ground or the rear brake is applied while off the ground it makes the noise

heres a video, hopefully you can hear what im talking about, thanx!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

so i did some more searching, im thinking it could be the silent chain, sounds like this guy was having the same problem? http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...m-gearbox.html

Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

also, can someone point me in the direction to a pdf manual for this machine, i dont want to start tearing into it with out 1 and i dont have the time to wait to get 1 shipped...plus i dont wanna spend the $$ lol

Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds more like a bearing crunch than the chain,but always replace it anyway. You might find a mix of Chinese and Russian bearings in this model if I remember correctly.If any bearing is bad just look at the universal number and you can get them at any bearing house or auto store fairly cheap.Don't forget the two seals also. It's really a simple gear case. The hardest part is getting it out of the frame. Just remove the bolts,tap on the exposed separating tabs on the case and pull the sprocket side case off. Then you can remove the gears one at a time and also be able to check out the bearings for any rough rolling or grinding noise.Cycle Parts Ware House is about as cheap as any place online for the chain and seals. $35 for the chain,$20 for both seals. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse
Plus here's another place on bearings and seals. Polaris ATV Parts, Seals, Bearings, Bushings & Seals

Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Here's a disc on ebay. I would guess it's a copy of one, I'd mention that, maybe a copyright hint and tell him 10 bucks shipped.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Even the 2009 trail Boss/Trail Blazer 330 gear case is very similar. Partshark still has the pdf you can download to give you an idea of what to check for. PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

i kinda thought it sounded bearing crunchy too but it doesnt do it it reverse and only under load, like the chain is skipping...either way the box is coming out before i order anything just to be sure...thanx guys

Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Sounds more like a bearing crunch than the chain,but always replace it anyway. You might find a mix of Chinese and Russian bearings in this model if I remember correctly.If any bearing is bad just look at the universal number and you can get them at any bearing house or auto store fairly cheap.Don't forget the two seals also. It's really a simple gear case. The hardest part is getting it out of the frame. Just remove the bolts,tap on the exposed separating tabs on the case and pull the sprocket side case off. Then you can remove the gears one at a time and also be able to check out the bearings for any rough rolling or grinding noise.Cycle Parts Ware House is about as cheap as any place online for the chain and seals. $35 for the chain,$20 for both seals. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse
Plus here's another place on bearings and seals. Polaris ATV Parts, Seals, Bearings, Bushings & Seals
from the looks of it i should take the clutch side off first

Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

^^^nevermind, i took another look at that 330 manual, i was looking at it wrong lol

Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

update: so ive got the gearbox apart, bearings seem to be fine no crunching or friction, they all roll nicely...the 330 manual calls for silent chain replacement if 8 pitches measure over 3.04(or around there, cant remember off the top of my head) so i set my measurement at 3 and without being able to really stretch it tight(workin with 1 arm here) it is over 3 and im assuming since i can see without the chain being stretched tight that its a stretched chain...i can barely tell its over 3 but if i can tell im sure its more than .04 over

anyways, i dont have a bearing puller so im gonna take the parts in to get them pulled and new 1s installed, seals look good too but ill probably have them put new seals in ....then when i get my silent chain in ill install that myself...oh and there is no visible signs of wear on the gears or chain, so hopefully i just caught it in time..

thoughts/comments appreciated, thanx again guys! p.s. sorry OPT but it was easier taking off the clutch side case first, least i think it was lol

Name:  IMG_02961_zps2110f117.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  95.0 KB

Quick Reply: 00 TB325 HELP!-video included