Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying 550 Touring - advice on winch/plow

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mcordani
I ended up ordering the Warn XT30. Great deal on Amazon for $400 and free shipping. Also Warn has a $50 rebate going right now. Can't beat that winch of $350!

I guess before next winter I'll have to figure out a plow setup. Question for now is I usually add Ricochet armor to my quads. Do any of you know if you can't use armor with a plow mount? I figure I can at least get the a-arm guards as those shouldn't get in the way.
On my Can-Am Outlander Max I purposely got the OEM skid plates. Mistake #1. They aren't as good as Ricochet's. I bought them because the mounting bracket for my plow was said to work with the OEM skid plates. Mistake #2. Believing them. I ended up having to cut the plates a bit to get the plow mount on. My GUESS is that you will have to modify the Ricochets a little bit to get them to work unless you get one of the plow mounts that mounts on the front of the quad where there probably wouldn't be any skid plates.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
On my Can-Am Outlander Max I purposely got the OEM skid plates. Mistake #1. They aren't as good as Ricochet's. I bought them because the mounting bracket for my plow was said to work with the OEM skid plates. Mistake #2. Believing them. I ended up having to cut the plates a bit to get the plow mount on. My GUESS is that you will have to modify the Ricochets a little bit to get them to work unless you get one of the plow mounts that mounts on the front of the quad where there probably wouldn't be any skid plates.
I noticed Eagle and Warn plows have ones that just attach to the front of the atv. I know Warn has both, under mount and one that just attaches to the front. I wonder why they would make both types? Is there an advantage of one over the other? I would think the one that just mounts to the front would be weaker. I'm spending a fortune on this machine and the last thing I want to do is damage the atv frame! Anyone have any thoughts?