Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Magnum 500 and Goodyear Mudrunners

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-1999, 01:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the Mudrunners on tonight and tooled around the yard a little. What a difference in feel and steering effort. I swear its almost like having power steering! Well ok, not quite that good, however my wife tried riding it for a while the other day and she has really bad carple tunnel problems and complained that it made it flair up. So after installing these tires and trying them I had to run in the house and get to ride it again. Reluctantly she agreed. Guy's and gals, she didn't want to get off of it! It made that big a difference.

I can only anticipate what they'll be like this weekend out on the trail! Can hardly wait!

------------------
Donald J. Dickinson 99 Magnum 500, 99 Sport 400L Ooh yeah!

Old 08-13-1999, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Jerry , You may have made my decision for me. I have a Magnum 500 and was considering the muddrunners for it . I posted a topic a while back looking for opinions on this subject and got a little response but not really what I was looking for. Your enthusiasm really makes me think that the muddrunners must be the right choice.

Old 08-16-1999, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Goodyear mudrunners are awsome tires.
I put set on my Magnum about 300 miles ago
and I am so glad I did the steering is alot better and they are great pulling tires something else about the mudrunners you don't have to run alot of air pressure I have 6lbs
in the front and 4lbs in the rear handle good
and don't have to give up the good ride that
Polaris atv's are know for.I would strongly recomend this tires for any atv.

99Mag500...true 4x4

Old 08-16-1999, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

Hey mag,
What size mudrunners did you go with? New wheels or stockers?

Old 08-16-1999, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Demps,I have 26inch on the rear 25inch on the front I was very concerned about the different size but the Polaris dealer said thats what Polaris and Goodyear came up with for a matched set it must be ok since I put 300 miles on the atv since then and had no troubles and I put them on the stock wheels.
Man they look mean on the Magnum I go into places now in 2wd where before I had to use
4wd with the stock tires. Put on and all
I have $465.00 in the set.

99Mag500....a true 4x4

Old 08-17-1999, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Jerry Jerry Jerry; Wow just got my new mudrunners this morning they are incredible this magnum almost steers itself now. I cannot believe the diffrence in the steering effort verses the stock dunlop tires. The last quad I rode that steered this easy was a Honda recon. Cannot wait to get them in the woods and see how well they handle in the diffrent conditions. Thanks to all you guys who gave me your opinions on these tires I know now that I made the right decision only wish I had done it sooner. Mag 5 I will try your recommended air pressure thanks again.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

[This message has been edited by Kagey (edited 08-17-1999).]

Old 08-17-1999, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I run my MudRunners on the SP500 with 5 lb. of air pressure. I've had 'em on since last August '98 and would recommend them as a good all-around tire.

www.godigital-design.com/96Polaris.html

Old 08-18-1999, 12:18 PM
hc
Range Rover

Jack, I have a "99" SP500 (bought it new) has about 81 miles on it. My question is how much difference would the Goodyear MudRunners make over the stock Goodyear Polaris tires......... 1.Steering
2.Tread wear
3.Hard pack ground
4.Low end torque
5.Going over logs
6.Lose but dry ground
7.Mud
Anyone, feel free to comment on these 7 items. Would like to hear from first hand knowledge. Thanks

------------------
Harold Cowley

[This message has been edited by hc (edited 08-18-1999).]

[This message has been edited by hc (edited 08-18-1999).]

Old 08-18-1999, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

ok i don't own a Polaris, I put mudrunners on my wolverine about six months ago, i believe you will find that the runners will provide great traction under all conditions and a very good ride, they don't suffer from the problems that Vampires do( stiff ride,hard steering and very little traction on wet grass and leaves)GOODYEAR has hit one out of the park with these tires!!!!!

Old 08-18-1999, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

HC; I just got mine on the 16th so I have not riden them a lot but the little bit that I have has been impressive The diffrence in steering effort is huge over the stock tires on my 500. They ride well and handle really good I believe because the turning is so much more precise now no noticable push in the front cornering or real looseness in the rear unless you,re powersliding it. The handling reminds me of a radial tires performance on a car makes really good transitions from one condition to the other. Really think you would like them although I have,nt got any real longterm on them .

------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Quick Reply: Magnum 500 and Goodyear Mudrunners