Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 570 EPS vs. Sportsman 570 SP

Old 06-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 570 EPS vs. Sportsman 570 SP

Looking to get a 570 for the wife to compliment my just purchased 2013 Browning Edition 550. Wife wants power steering. I'm still searching Craigslist...might wait until end of season for a deal on new.

What are the differences between the Sportsman 570 w/EPS vs. Sportsman 570 SP.

From the web site it looks like the SP adds the following:
- Dual A-arm (vs. Mac Strut)
- High Performance Close Ratio On-Demand True AWD/2WD (how is this different than the the "On-Demand True AWD/2WD")
- Larger tires
- Aluminum rims (vs. steel)
- Automotive paint

Is the SP worth the extra $$$?

Old 06-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

No "Engine Braking System (EBS)" on the 570.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Daubs
No "Engine Braking System (EBS)" on the 570.
Strike that...the 570 EPS does have engine braking...just not active decent control.

The difference?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ADC (Active Decent Control) works on the front wheels, when it works, and EBS works on the back wheels. I never use ADC but mine broke anyway.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:49 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The 570 without power steering is easy to steer while the EPS is easier to steer.

I cant believe EBS is a option it this day and age. My 2001 Sportsman had EBS stock and so did both 2007 350 Bruin / Grizzly I bought.
A new 570 should just have engine braking included stock like it has tires and a seat.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think its weird that Polaris makes you flip a switch to get adc to work in the first place. Every other cvt auto 4x4 utility quad has it happen automatically. Let off the throttle and they just slow down.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:25 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
I think its weird that Polaris makes you flip a switch to get adc to work in the first place. Every other cvt auto 4x4 utility quad has it happen automatically. Let off the throttle and they just slow down.
ADC is just for the front wheels even if it's not turned on the regular rear EBS works at all times.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess other quads require that you are in 4x4 for 4 wheel engine braking to occur but still no need to push any buttons or flip any switches. Having the rear wheels lock up isn't exactly the best situation when descending a steep hill though. In that case, most would be in low range and 4x4 to give maximum control anyway. I seldom use low range on my Brute, never did much on the Grizzly either. The Grizzly was hard to get into low range anyway, the Brute Force doesn't really seem to need it. It has ample torque in high range at slow speeds so unless I know its a really slow trail or I would actually use it for heavy work like towing or pulling out another stuck quad, I basically just run it in high range all the time. I use low range when putting around the yard to put it away and loading it in the truck, low range and 4x4 so it can easily crawl up the ramps. Even in high range, engine braking is quite good and does a great job of slowing the quad down on most downhill descents.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:57 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not sure how the Enging braking's works on my Yamaha 4x4 if its all wheel or just the rears like my Polaris. Its hard to tell them apart for me.
Polaris has a single hydraulic hand leaver the operates the front and rear simoutaouly with 60% front and 40% rear doing the work.
My dads 97 Sportsman had no EBS but just the brakes got him down any hill , we just found EBS let the brake pads last longer since on less steep hill you did not have to touch the brake leaver at all.
I can not see someone relying on engine braking only while going down a steep hill ,4 or two wheel engine braking.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Engine braking is an assist but yes it does allow you to use your brakes less and not wear out your pads. I do find that I don't need to use my brakes that much unless I need to come to an unexpected stop. But yes, I'm not going to rely solely on engine braking to stop me. Most quads now have disc brakes front and rear and provide ample stopping power when you need it. The less you use them, the longer they will last, that is true.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sportsman 570 EPS vs. Sportsman 570 SP