Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

570 adc (2016)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 570 adc (2016)

Well I finally got her on the trail (Hatfield&McCoy). I really enjoyed the EPS I is better than Yamaga Grizzly. I like also alto of the new improvements since my 2008 SP800. What I did not like was its very touchy ADC. Going down hill (rocky) even the lesser grades the ATV would auto brake forcing me to throttle , it had a very jerky effect and very abrupt not like my former 800' ADC.

Is this a break-in issue?

Could something be wrong?

Adjustment or tuning issue?

Other than that great ride, great and comfortable feel, perfect power and speed.

Thanks,

R'

Old 10-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

May take a little before the adc clutch packs break in. Hopefully they've learned about these and have made improvements over the years. In any case I would wait past the break in period to change the fluid. After that if it still acts up,take it straight to the dealer.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
May take a little before the adc clutch packs break in. Hopefully they've learned about these and have made improvements over the years. In any case I would wait past the break in period to change the fluid. After that if it still acts up,take it straight to the dealer.
Very good tips OPT, appreciate your input because I can honestly say its nothing like my 800. My 2008 had none of those issues.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I left off a couple letters on my post,makes it read completely different.. Supposed to have said "shouldn't" not "should" wait past the break in period to change the diff fluid. Anyway keep us updated as to how that new ride does.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I left off a couple letters on my post,makes it read completely different.. Supposed to have said "shouldn't" not "should" wait past the break in period to change the diff fluid. Anyway keep us updated as to how that new ride does.
Okay so if I understand correctly I SHOULD change out the diff oil now to see if that helps? Why fluid? Wrong type maybe? Contamination?

Thanks OPT,

R'

Old 10-06-2016, 12:27 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

In other words I wouldn't go past 20 hrs or so. Wouldn't hurt to change it a tad early if you wish mainly to flush metal particles that are bound to be floating around in a new diff as all the parts break in. Same thing for the gear case and engine oil and filter.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

OPT,

My machine has sat for almost 6 months so now I have to change out all the fluids. I was watching a YT video on how to change out the gear case fluids, seems like Polaris makes it a little confusing on the different fluids for each part. Would you know exactly what I need (Part#s?) I dont want to run the risk of adding the wrong fluid. I was quoted $245 from the dealer to do the complete change out, maintenance look over inspection etc. Good price or what?

Thanks,

R'

Old 02-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

The owners manual should be able to show fluids used and at least a brief section on drain and fill plugs. At least all the ones up until I retired did. If you don't have yours you an always get a new one.Download Owners Manuals - By Vehicle Type As far as capacity, service manuals tend to quote fluid amounts that it originally took to fill machine when new.This can be what's confusing in a lot of cases when changing fluids as certain areas may not hold the amount stated.Still too new of a machine to find a cheap online service manual. Even Tradebit hasn't caught up on manuals. As far as what the dealer charges.. Way more than we charged on first service. Fluid costs are minimal compared to their labor rates.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

The owners manual should be able to show fluids used and at least a brief section on drain and fill plugs. At least all the ones up until I retired did. If you don't have yours you an always get a new one.Download Owners Manuals - By Vehicle Type As far as capacity, service manuals tend to quote fluid amounts that it originally took to fill machine when new.This can be what's confusing in a lot of cases when changing fluids as certain areas may not hold the amount stated.Still too new of a machine to find a cheap online service manual. Even Tradebit hasn't caught up on manuals. As far as what the dealer charges.. Way more than we charged on first service. Fluid costs are minimal compared to their labor rates.
Good info , thanks OPT but i cant seem to get to the side (left) front diff fill plug. And i cant tell what size allen or metric it takes. The front frame is blocking access to the plug. Any pointers? FYI, i have no lift table and not sure if taking off the left front tire would help? Drain plug seems straight forward found it on bottom belly of the front.

Also, this front diff takes All Demand fluid right? Which should address the ADC issue im talking about right? AGL fluid is for trans and rear diff?

Thanks,

​​​​​​​R'

Old 02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

In the past they used 8mm plugs. Obviously I haven't worked on one,but the fill plug on all the other models was just as had to get to.I used an 8mm socket on an extension to get to it.You can use a tube with a small funnel to fill it or they may make a funnel small enough to work if similar to the other models I did.Yes the demand Drive fluid for the front diff,Agl for the gear case.

Quick Reply: 570 adc (2016)