Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 570 ute awd function

Old 03-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris 570 ute awd function

Hello I have a new Polaris 570 ute, when I go down the gravel driveway in hill decent it is to savage and touchy go stop go stop go stop no matter how gentle I am on the throttle, if I put it in awd the back wheels lock up with the EBS and I end up sliding out of control, dose anyone know if the awd should be kicking in to stop this from happening ? Or dose awd only kick in when the back wheels spin faster than the front ?
Also in awd mode when going up the driveway it leaves corrigation and it looks to me as if the back wheels are spinning slightly faster than the front, if I throttle hard the bike fishtails. Is this ment to happen or is the awd not working maybe there is not enough slippage to engage the awd ?

Old 03-10-2017, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you may have an AWD issue. Rears should only spin 1/5 of a rotation in AWD before it kicks in. Touchy throttle may be because it's new. They get less twitchy once broken in.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like awd isn't functioning correctly. If it is working properly, you shouldn't even feel it engage or disengage. If it is indeed new and under warranty, I'd probably take it back to the dealer.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the replays.
Our bike is a 2017 with 5 hours use because no one wants to ride it.
I have taken it back to Ag power in lilydale, after having it for a week they inform me the the bike is working correctly and it's the application that our new quad is not suited to. The dealer said they have had many complaints about the down hill decent being to (savage) was his word and in the future Polaris will bring out an update, but they don't know when, the back wheels have to spin faster to engage the all wheel drive doing down hill that's why in slides downhill when not in decent control, as for up hill spin they are saying it's not aggressive enough to activate all wheel drive. Retail of this bike was $10,990 we added a bull bar kit and seat cover for $700 the as far as the dealership are concerned there are no active failts on the bike.
The bike has power steer, down hill decent control, awd on demand, engine braking, 570cc of power and a little tipper on the back, you would think that it would be perfect on the farm, but it's far from it.
2 months old 5 hours use on our drive way that is between 8 and 12 degrees,
We have taken the bike to some Yamaha dealers and asked about trading it in on a 4wd 700 Grissly that retails for $14,790 in Australia the very best trade in offer we got was $5,500
Our dream bike is now a nightmare what should we do ?

Old 03-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I would try another dealer or call Polaris themselves, something is not right!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A new Grizzly costs substantially more than a new Ranger 570? That doesn't seem right.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I would try another dealer or call Polaris themselves, something is not right!
X2
If the awd is turned on there shouldn't be any noticeable rear wheel spin without the front wheels spinning out as well.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

As much as I hate to say this, I have never been a fan of the awd. I prefer to push my button and know what I am in either 4wd or difflock. My wifes Honda CRV has the same type of awd and it works OK but no where near as well as my Blazer with push button then I know the 4wd is there. From an engineering standpoint do you want each set of wheels kicking in and out or do you want to know they are all driving at once....just my two cents worth.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Chevy truck has regular 4x2 and 4x4 but also has automatic 4x4 if want to use that. If there's a lot of snow on the side streets I put in auto 4x4 and if the main roads are bare I put it back in 2WD or else wait until I'm home to switch it back. I never feel it kick in or out just like on my quad.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

AWD should work flawlessly when engaged. Never had an issue with it and I've owned about a dozen different ones from 02 and up to my 16 Highlifter. I can see their argument to a point on the downhill issues (never cared for ADC) but they are dead wrong on it spinning only the rears going uphill. Either an electrical issue with activating the AWD or something isn't right in the front differential.

Search this Thread