Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2002 Polaris sportsman 700

Old 03-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Polaris sportsman 700

Will start and run as long as I keep my hand over the intake blowing white smoke out of exhaust hand has gas on it

Old 03-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawleigh Bliss
Will start and run as long as I keep my hand over the intake blowing white smoke out of exhaust hand has gas on it
got it from a friend and it sat uncovered all winter under 4 feet of snow and ice

Old 03-16-2017, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need to rebuild the carb (jets clogging) and completely drain the fuel tank. Also do a complete fluid change (motor, tranny, front/rear diffs) and plugs since they may have moisture from sitting out like that. Once you get it running right I highly recommend only using premium non-oxygenated fuel (if available) and stabil added. 87 octane Ethanol gas is complete garbage and doesn't stay fresh long, even with stabilizer in it...

Old 03-16-2017, 04:59 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by switzomatic
Sounds like you need to rebuild the carb (jets clogging) and completely drain the fuel tank. Also do a complete fluid change (motor, tranny, front/rear diffs) and plugs since they may have moisture from sitting out like that. Once you get it running right I highly recommend only using premium non-oxygenated fuel (if available) and stabil added. 87 octane Ethanol gas is complete garbage and doesn't stay fresh long, even with stabilizer in it...
+1