Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2008 polaris sportsman 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 polaris sportsman 500

2008 Sportsman 500 fuel pump problemAlright guys about 2 weeks ago my four wheeler would barely start then it completely went dead so I charged it and it only last for like 30 mins total. Then my grand father in law tried jumping it off another battery and crossed the posts. Now when I turn the switch the fuel pump doesn't prime. I've checked wires, changed solenoid, changed key switch, checked the starter and it's good, I'm at a complete loss now I really need help thanks in advance.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Check the fuse block and the fuses.Fuse block was bad enough on having problems let alone when battery posts were crossed. You can pull the block up to see if the wires have pulled from the pins or any burnt wires. Could have also popped a fuel pump relay. On that this cheap manual has some electrical tests and trouble shooting guides that can help.2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI Service Manual PDF Download Also if you had a low batter to begin with charge it up and load test it to see if it needs to be replaced.Also when you get it running check that the regulator is charging at least 14 volts back to the battery.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuse block and all fuses and relays are good and thanks for the manual I will have to look into it.