Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Superwinch or Badland or Traveller winch??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superwinch or Badland or Traveller winch??

Ok So I'm either going with superwinch badlands or Traveller winch. Keep in mind I'm mainly using it for plowing my driveway possibly the once in awhile mudhole but I'm not a mudhole rider. I usually stay clear of the muddy sections due to my OCD and cleaning my machine after lol. I use the synthetic rope as well. I've used traveller in the past but never used superwinch or Badland winches. They all have the same reviews (some good some bad of course) juat looking for personal experience. Looking at these 3 only right now

Old 10-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know squat about them but I think you made the right decision to go with synthetic rope. From what I hear it's less likely to break from the repeated in and out of plowing.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I don't know squat about them but I think you made the right decision to go with synthetic rope. From what I hear it's less likely to break from the repeated in and out of plowing.
yep, ive used the rope for the past 2 years. Same cheap 10ft of synthetic rope I bought in eBay

Old 10-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

I replaced the 3,000 lb Warn on my AC Diesel with a Harbor Freight 4,500 lb winch, couldn't be happier. I plow all winter with it. I'll replace the heavy cable with synthetic rope when I start getting wire ends poking into my hands, haha. Synthetic rope is better, unless you like pain!

Old 10-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

I have 2500# badlands winches on both of our wheelers. They aren't the fastest around but haven't failed me yet. For the $50 i paid for each i'm happy and they have both pulled more than a few wheelers out without issue.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Superwinch terra with synthetic rope gets my vote.

But whatever winch you buy, if you want synthetic rope then buy the winch with it. The drum in the syn rope winches is stronger.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Well I went with the superwinch LT3000. Was able to purchase local and had a few minutes to mount it on the quad before work today. Got a question though. The directions that came with the kfi mount show that there are two holes predrilled for the contractor. I'm assuming these directions are from other years sportsman 570 because I definitely don't have the holes where they say they are and even the frame looks different where they are showing in the diagrams.
where do you guys mount the contractor? I'm really not interested in, mounting it in the front storage box for two reasons. 1) I don't want to be drilling into the plastics and 2) I will use the front storage box as a small cooler in the near future so that wont be hapoening lol. Are you guys drilling holes and mounting to the frame? If so where? Also are you mounting it with the connectors facing up or down?