Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Input on these tires for 2017 sportsman 570

Old 01-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on these tires for 2017 sportsman 570

Looking for some input on these tires for my 2017 sportsman 570. Let me start by saying my riding style. I do a couple dice runs a year and other than that just regular dirt/rock trail riding by my house. I stay out of mud holes as mush as possible (not my style of riding) I also plow a couple driveways in the winter. With that being said I was looking at these tires in eBay. 6 ply meaty tread. Just wondering if anyone has tried this brand or similar lug tire. Not looking to spend more than $275. I appreciate any input
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F18 2448675978

Old 01-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look like another yet Maxxis Bighorn knockoff so they should work good for your type of riding. You can check the specs on the manufacturer's website and the prices at their only authorized dealer for prices to compare. Sears and Amazon have them too.

https://massfxtires.com/products/all/1/all

https://massdepot.com/collections/atv-tires

Sears.com

Old 01-29-2018, 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a bad deal, I assume free shipping on these. The real bighorns cost a lot more. Should be a tough, long lasting tire.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty cool looking tire. If you end up buying them, make sure to post a pic, I want to see what they look like mounted up.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
Pretty cool looking tire. If you end up buying them, make sure to post a pic, I want to see what they look like mounted up.

i tend to be one of those guys that is all set and about to pull the trigger and i end up talking myself out of it. Lol. I was about to pull the trigger on these tires and rims ($430 shipped) or these rims and the tires i posted earlier. Both are big horn knock offs. I did a ton of research and really only maybe 5 bad reviews out of a combined 50+ reviews . One review I recall said they run a little shorter than 25 inches.

Now I'm tossing around the idea of keeping my stock rims and buying a set of kenda bearclaw htr for $380. I really want new rims also but I don't want to have to use spacers or worry about rubbing. I also dont want them sticking out too far. I forgot to mention I ride quite a bit of pavement also, im sure any tire is going to wear fast on pavement but I ride the roads to buddy's houses and to get to the trails quite a bit

Old 01-31-2018, 04:03 PM
Moto Psycho

If they run short you can probably run 27" diameter. But you can definitely use 26" tires that are the stock size on many Sportsmans. I wouldn't get anything smaller than that.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
If they run short you can probably run 27" diameter. But you can definitely use 26" tires that are the stock size on many Sportsmans. I wouldn't get anything smaller than that.

id like to stick to stock size but alot of people saying how so many of the tires don't run true to size. I have a year and a half left on my warranty and don't want any problems with them saying oversized tires caused the issue if I do need any warranty work done. Just need to find a tire that is true

Old 02-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Moto Psycho

My Sportsman 500 and my friends' Sportsman 850 and Sportsman 1000 all came with 26" tires stock. I don't see how you could have a warranty problem running tires between 25 and 26 inches.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
My Sportsman 500 and my friends' Sportsman 850 and Sportsman 1000 all came with 26" tires stock. I don't see how you could have a warranty problem running tires between 25 and 26 inches.
I'm not saying for sure that if have issues. But I could see them using that as a reason not to have to fix under warranty. I've just read quite a bit about people having issues with their warrantys. I've personally never owned a toy this New that had a warranty. I bought it used with only 30 miles and it came with a 2 year warranty. Original owner passed away and his brother n law sold it. Warranty is up in June 2019.
i guess I'm just being cautious lol. It still only has 63 miles on it. Already had to replace battery and it's been on a tender since new. Rode 1 dice run and it was running hot by the end of the day. Other than that just plowing and cruising the neighborhood.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lph008
I'm not saying for sure that if have issues. But I could see them using that as a reason not to have to fix under warranty. I've just read quite a bit about people having issues with their warrantys. I've personally never owned a toy this New that had a warranty. I bought it used with only 30 miles and it came with a 2 year warranty. Original owner passed away and his brother n law sold it. Warranty is up in June 2019.
i guess I'm just being cautious lol. It still only has 63 miles on it. Already had to replace battery and it's been on a tender since new. Rode 1 dice run and it was running hot by the end of the day. Other than that just plowing and cruising the neighborhood.

do you know if the bear claw htr run true to size? What tire would you recommend for my riding style, basically whatever tire I decide on will last a long time. I don't have that much time to ride other than 1-3 dice runs a year and cruising the neighborhood here n there. Got a baby on the way so I'll really have no time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Input on these tires for 2017 sportsman 570