Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

400 two stroke oil pump adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I really think the old blue Polaris 2 stroke injector oil is about the same oil that Quicksilver,Wallyword and Penzoil has.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me the wally world stuff is smelly and smokey. Got a guy up at my campground that is cheap as cheap can be and only buys the cheap Wal-Mart stuff. Constantly having issues with his couple machines which he thinks I should help get running for free of course, lol. Mine seem to run so much cleaner and not smoke like a chimney when running. My plug burns clean and he us always fouling his out. Maybe it's a combination of running good oil and a ounce or two of seafoam I run in each tank of gas. Who knows. Years ago I bought a brand new fishing boat back in my single days when I could afford such toys. It had a 40hp Mercury outboard on it. Ran it for a few months with the quicksilver they gave me, but took a trip way up north and forgot to grab a gallon of it for the week of fishing. Bought some cheaper stuff at a sport shop to put in the injection tank and had nothing but problems. Ran rough, started hard and never wanted to top out. Not how a new motor should run. Took it back to the dealer and the official cause was a "plugged jet". When I drove into the back to hook my truck to my boat, a grizzled looking. Old mercury tech came out and told me that he drained the tank and topped it off with fresh quicksilver. He told me to run nothing but quicksilver in it and I would never have that problem again. Drug that boat all over northern Wisconsin and Canada without a problem for 10 years without a hiccup....maybe there is some truth to it, lol.

Worked at a Chrysler dealer back in the late 80's. Heard the stories from the old time mechanics about the champion plugs in mopars and Delcos in the gm's too so who knows if there is some truth to running the right stuff with the right brand, lol

Thanks
Mike

Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to their websites Yamalube is 2 bucks a quart cheaper than Polaris blue. It should be good oil too.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:41 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cornermike
Old mercury tech came out and told me that he drained the tank and topped it off with fresh quicksilver. He told me to run nothing but quicksilver in it and I would never have that problem again. Drug that boat all over northern Wisconsin and Canada without a problem for 10 years without a hiccup....maybe there is some truth to it, lol.
I live close to a lake and a local gas station sells nothing but Quick Silver. Guess that old tech did know a little bit about boats and what worked best. I used it in my old 25 hp Monkey Wards outboard(Chrysler) It worked good also,never a problem,always cranked up on the second pull. Had a lot of fun fishing in that 16 ft Ouachita boat. Wished I never sold it..