Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

From all of us at ATV Connection, our deepest sympathies. OTP was an invaluable asset to this community and a wonderfully down to earth individual to boot. He will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry to hear of your loss! We were incredibly lucky to have had his knowledge and wisdom. RIP!

Old 05-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Thank all of you for your deeply sincere condolences and prayers for our family at this hard time for us. My Dad and I shared a very close bond that grew as we both got older. I called him Daddy from the time I could talk till his death. He helped me with every project or repair that I needed his guidance, I relied on him a great deal sometimes too much. He would always make the time for me even when his arthritis was severe. My family and I recently moved about 10 minutes away from my parents house so we were able to see each other more, we were only about 20 minutes away previously. I had no idea the amount of help he provided here until I logged in his account here at his desk, I thought he mostly just browsed and occasionally answered peoples questions. But I can tell now this was his way to enjoy still fixing these polaris's even though he wasn't physically able to, so that the people could enjoy them. I will be sharing some of these posts at his memorial if thats ok. It strengthens my heart to know that all of you cared so much for him even though you've never met him, but by the words that he typed you could tell he was a good person and that he definitely was. This is his legacy he will leave behind and I'm thankful, all his words will be able to help many other people for years to come. I am proud and honored to be his only child, there will not be a day gone that I wont think of him.

His memorial will be at:
First Baptist church of Lavon
205 Main St.
Lavon,TX 75166
May 7th at 11 a.m.

Attached Thumbnails My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away-10.16.2000-030.jpg   My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away-084.jpg   My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away-plzcropabovecake.jpg   My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away-christmas-2010-089.jpg  

Last edited by old polaris tech; 05-02-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: date add
Old 05-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just a follow up to say how great of a father you had and I can tell through these post he touched many of these members on here. I wished we couldn't met the man behind the key board as always gave of his knowledge with out bias and judgement. I can tell you, he will never be replaced. again,on behalf of the Polaris forum we thank him and his family may he rest in peace!

Old 05-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. It's always nice to have a face to go with his posts. Again, he will be sorely missed...

Old 05-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Your father was the most patient person that I have ever come across. He shared so much with us, did so much for so many.

He shared his career change with us, which is what brought him to us. So blessed to have crossed paths with him.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P OPT.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your family’s loss. He had a plethora of knowledge and a generous asset to this ATV Connection community. RIP OPT.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:40 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If that's a slice of birthday cheesecake then I know we would get along great. I had a wedding cheesecake. He had over 24,000 posts helping other people. I learned a lot from him. There are times when someone posts a problem they're having and thanks to OPT sometimes I have a good idea what's going on, and believe me I'm no mechanic. He will be missed more than I can say. Thanks for posting the pictures. It's nice to put a face to the man who's done so much for us.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was nice to see him having fun and enjoying life. I just recently had a couple family members pass away, both of my grandparents. My Grandma passed away right before Christmas last year and my Grandpa followed her about 3 weeks ago. I have a lifetime of great memories with them as I'm sure you do with your Dad. They may be gone but I will always remember them.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default pogo ski

having just joined the forum i am truly saddened by this news. he responded to my first post with very good advice. i will miss his wisdom and wit. a real loss.rest in peace.

Quick Reply: My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away