Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 325 Trail Boss flooding! Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris 325 Trail Boss flooding! Help please!

Hey, I have a Polaris 325 Trail Boss that I am working on for a friend. It has a fair amount of wear and tear on it, but not excessive. My trouble with it now is that it will not run well at all at anywhere above idle. I’m almost certain it’s flooding out. I have a brand new fuel pump, fuel lines, and carburetor and air filter, all aftermarket. It’s seems to run OK while idling, but as soon as I hit it it just bogs down and sometimes shuts off. Also fuel is leaking out of a little black tube that comes out of the bottom of the carburetor line while it’s idling. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!! Thanks.....~WelderBen

Old 12-08-2018, 04:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you set the float? are the correct size jets in the new carb you installed? is the needle clip set to the correct position? just a few issues that might be. just start with making sur the float is correct and the needle and seat are working

Old 12-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

No, I have not checked any of that. I just assumed that would be set to specs, because I just bought it brand new?? Where would I find those specs?

Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, I’m working on the quad tonight. I went and replaced an o-ring on the main jet that goes down into the float, and adjusted the float so that it would close sooner than before. And it seemed to help, the four wheeler actually will move now, but it bogs down like crazy at like 10 mph. Idles ok. Also fuel is steadily streaming out of the bowl overflow tube. Any ideas anybody????

Old 12-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

That hose is the overflow if the float sticks or the needle seat is no good. If your carb is brand new then return it as it is not right OR they should have sent instructions for adjustments for your particular bike. Sounds like your carb is way out of whack. I always recommend a thorough clean and rebuild with a good quality rebuild kit for your particular bike and engine. Getting the settings somewhere near normally doesn't cut it...short cuts rarely work!

Old 12-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I have a feeling it’s a defective carberutor. Ticked off though, cause it’s brand new!!! Any other help would be appreciated!! I will keep posted what happens with it.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

New or not the carb still needs to be set to your motor specs. That carb might be used on a number of different machines. You should have set of specs to adjust it to your particular engine!