ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Accurate Polaris Sportsman 570 Assessment? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/377723-accurate-polaris-sportsman-570-assessment.html)

Matt Justice 12-21-2018 10:11 AM

Accurate Polaris Sportsman 570 Assessment?

Howdy all,

Been running my Sportsman 570 for about two years now... did an updated assessment of the pros and cons: https://cleverleverage.com/polaris-s...an-570-review/

Curious what you guys think about it, and if it's in line with your 570 experiences? There are a few things I don't like at all, but overall for the money, it's probably still got better performance than anything else I could have gotten for around $6,600 bucks.

Things are starting to feel a little looser though, and I'm wondering if I'm going to encounter some unexpected bushing/bearing repairs next year. Time to trade it? lol Love to hear your thoughts!

Big Frank 12-21-2018 11:11 PM

That squeak would probably drive me nuts but I like everything else. I keep a lot of stuff in the back of my 500 and have room for more in the front when I need it. Someone with a different brand of ATV said they didn't like the front rack and you can't get much in the compartment, but when I asked how much storage they had under their front rack they didn't have anything to say. Maybe they just didn't like it because they had something else.

WilliamBos 12-30-2018 03:44 PM

Next time I am out in the shed, I will pop the cover off my 400HO and grab a pic. Aside from cosmetic refresh and the 570, still the same machine.

Mine has never squeaked like that - strange for sure.

Thanks for the review.

AZRocks 02-04-2019 06:01 PM

Good review. I put a zerk in my steering bushing. No more squeak. Other than the fuel pump failing, then the fuel pressure regulator failing, and a rear shock leaking, my '08 500 X2 has been great. Lots of mods, including adding an LED bar in lieu of the steering pod light, plus the all lights on at once relay mod. That top light was no bueno for me because I always have something on the front rack. Also put stiffer springs in the front. Wish it had power steering. Overall a great machine for the AZ trails. I'd get the X2 again for its versatility.

94harley 02-04-2019 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by AZRocks (Post 3412287)
Good review. I put a zerk in my steering bushing. No more squeak. Other than the fuel pump failing, then the fuel pressure regulator failing, and a rear shock leaking, my '08 500 X2 has been great. Lots of mods, including adding an LED bar in lieu of the steering pod light, plus the all lights on at once relay mod. That top light was no bueno for me because I always have something on the front rack. Also put stiffer springs in the front. Wish it had power steering. Overall a great machine for the AZ trails. I'd get the X2 again for its versatility.

Not related to the original subject but they do make ps kits for older machines. They do say that they wont work on your model( if memory serves) but I'm sure it's because the battery is up front an no room to install the kit. IF and I mean, IF, you were interested, some mods to relocate the battery, I think someone could install the kit. I've personally never done it, but if you were interested in ps I would be willing to look into it for you.

94harley 02-04-2019 09:30 PM

Sorry Matt, not trying to hijack the post. 😬
where are you located? Looks like a great area to ride. I watched the video so maybe I missed it but the wife is sleeping and I'm trying to be quiet!!! I may have missed the location.

Big Frank 02-04-2019 11:23 PM

Polaris said they made the EBS a lot smoother. I don't think it says on their site but it's one of the things on a sign at the dealership that they said was improved. I think it said 30% smoother but can't be sure. I know it's been a major complaint from several people.

Matt Justice 03-30-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by 94harley (Post 3412296)
Sorry Matt, not trying to hijack the post. ��
where are you located? Looks like a great area to ride. I watched the video so maybe I missed it but the wife is sleeping and I'm trying to be quiet!!! I may have missed the location.

I live in Florida, but the bike is in Maine... I ride the Sugarloaf area in the mountains. You nearby?

Matt Justice 03-30-2019 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Big Frank (Post 3412298)
Polaris said they made the EBS a lot smoother. I don't think it says on their site but it's one of the things on a sign at the dealership that they said was improved. I think it said 30% smoother but can't be sure. I know it's been a major complaint from several people.

I don't know, they'd have to make it A LOT less aggressive for it to work well for trail riding. But I could see where a lot of people would like it putting around... you'd never have to touch the brakes. lol

Big Frank 03-30-2019 02:58 PM

When I had an EBS kit put on my '97 Sportsman 500 my brake pads lasted way longer. If I saw a stop sign I would let off the gas and coast almost to a stop before I hit the brakes. Plus, without EBS it freewheeled downhill like it was in neutral. It didn't slow down until it was on level ground. EBS is great compared to non-EBS, but if it's too aggressive that's not so good.