Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New member seeking old parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member seeking old parts

Hi All.
I'm looking for a discontinued part from a used part vendor or ATV dismantler.
I have a 94 polaris big boss 400L and it needs a replacement middle axle... or at least part of one. I've scoured ebay and google but so far no luck.
If you can point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks!
Rick

Old 03-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there is a yard sale section on the forum you might look at as well or other forums around. I would have said ebay as well. good luck

Old 03-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Have you cross checked parts diagrams for years surrounding that model? Possible that a 93 or a 95 used the same part, and someone selling it just put that year and not all the years it would fit. A little more research, but you could also see if other models from that year used the same part. Not uncommon for Polaris to have one part fit a few different models.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Big Boss middle axle

Yes actually I did... great minds think alike! It seems all 250, 300, 350 and 400cc 4x6's and 6x6's use the same middle axle, from 1990 to 2004.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by stendori
there is a yard sale section on the forum you might look at as well or other forums around. I would have said ebay as well. good luck
Thanks stendori
I'll give that a try!
Rick

Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by stendori
Thanks! good suggestion, I just checked but no joy...so I listed a wanted ad! Maybe I'll get lucky.
Rick

Old 03-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

You can Google at salvage and it should bring up some junk yards that do ATVs and motorcycles. Can't attest to their quality and integrity, but it's another place to check.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I spent about an hour doing that exact search with no luck. But it did bring me to this fourm. Perhaps I need to go back and try it some more.
I'm also looking for a machine shop that can fix it. If anyone knows of one please let me know.
Rick

Old 03-08-2019, 02:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know if you checked out WWW.POWERSPORTSNATION.COM they are always tearing atv's down and always seem to be getting used stuff in. I've been getting stuff from them for my Polaris ATP very satisfied! They got a few 400L axles 6x6 rears don't know if can be reworked or machined for middle as last resort ? keep us posted how you make out

Old 03-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 850 trailrider
Don't know if you checked out WWW.POWERSPORTSNATION.COM they are always tearing atv's down and always seem to be getting used stuff in. I've been getting stuff from them for my Polaris ATP very satisfied! They got a few 400L axles 6x6 rears don't know if can be reworked or machined for middle as last resort ? keep us posted how you make out
JUST ORDERED IT, Thanks to you! I got from the ebay listing you PM'ed . Not sure if you got my PM back, I got an error message that said you don't take emails. SO I'm saying THANK YOU here. Hopefully I can return the faver...what part are you looking for? BTW
Rick

Quick Reply: New member seeking old parts