Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Sportsman 110 - rack?

Old 04-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Sportsman 110 - rack?

Hi everyone,

Back before Christmas I came to this board asking for advice on ATV's for Santa purposes. Santa looked at everything, and I mean everything...that was available in the youth quad segment...but ended up bringing my son a Sportsman 110. Also brought me a 450 HO. Nice guy!

Anyway, we're enjoying the heck out of these quads. I'm very impressed with both of them. Aside from a rattle under the seat of the 450, which apparently there's a remedy for (just haven't messed with it yet), things have gone flawlessly over about 50 hours of weekend riding on our land in East Texas. These things sip gas, too.

Now comes the fun part - The 110 has the plastic rack mounts. However, I can not find any Polaris metal rack accessories to fit the rear (or front) of the 110. I realize there's a low weight restriction on these, but seems like there'd be a solution to contain a few pounds of rope/logs/tools. I also can't seem to find any aftermarket racks to fit. Can anyone help with a source? Has anyone installed metal racks on the 110?

Again, very impressed with these. I actually think the 110 is more fun than my 450. It has the smoothest purring single cylinder engine I've heard in some time.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Old 04-03-2019, 05:07 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what's wrong with the plastic racks but the capacity is only 15 pounds on the front and 30 on the rear.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If nothing is available You could probably fab something up that fits your needs. or have it done?If you or a buddy got some fab skills and a welder & angle grinder Maybe good father son project? be interesting to see what you come up with.I made lots of wooden storage boxes and trays and mounted to my rack for my XP[have woodworking background] when I was doing trail work and bridges for snowmobile & atv club

Old 04-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks 850, that's a great idea. I do have a small MIG welder and that would be a fun project. Guess I'd need to find or rent a tubing bender, or just use square tubing. Could even make a brush guard too.

Big Frank - there's nothing wrong with the plastic racks, but they're just a flat platform and you can't really tie anything down to them. Like the bigger quads, they're presumably there to mount the metal rack extenders upon...except there doesn't seem to be any factory or aftermarket extenders built to fit the 110. I want something more along the lines of an open-top cage that small cargo can be hauled around without flying off. Basically the same stuff you can get for larger quads, I'd like to have for the 110 since it's set up as a small utility machine. I think the DIY fab idea may be the ticket. Will keep everyone updated, and thanks again for ringing in.

Bill

Old 04-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

Glad to help Im in the process of making a rear brush guard bumper for the rear of my 04 Polaris atp 500.
Different types of tubing round and small at HD & Lowes square and round light stuff [for rack] might be able to bend with elec. conduit bender?

Old 04-04-2019, 07:06 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you said you can't find any aftermarket racks to fit, I thought you meant a new metal rack, not a rack extender. I never tried it but I read that if you pack round tubing full of sand you can bend it without collapsing it. Otherwise you need a tubing bending tool or tools.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Big Frank, my mistake - I used the wrong terminology. Yeah, the plastic racks are just fine and seem to be plenty sturdy. Just looking to contain stuff so it doesn't fly off. I saw some youtube videos about packing sand, sounds like it's worth a shot. Thinking about 3/4" tubing either round or square. If I decide on square, I won't have to worry about bending.

850, would love to see your brush guard project and get tips along the way. I'd like to build one for the 110 and the 450 too....

Thanks guys,

Bill

Old 04-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

Deciding
ATV GURU.COM has some great brushguards for your 450 called the PYTHON SERIES front and rear. I had front and rear on my 2009 XP 850 FIT FINISH AND POWDERCOAT TOP NOTCH !!!WOULD BUY AGAIN IF THEY HAD SOMETHING FOR THE OLDER BIKE I HAVE NOW. CHECK THEM OUT
If you got time check out there ATV MUSIC VIDEOS