Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What are these rubber parts I found in my fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these rubber parts I found in my fuel tank?

I swear I just posted this, but I can't find the post anywhere, apologies if this ends up being a dupe for some reason...

My 2010 850 XP EPS EFI is showing a blinking fuel gauge reading empty. The forums suggested this might be an issue with the sending unit, so I pulled it out. It looks brand new - I don't see any damage or anything suspicious at all. I haven't tested the float yet but for the moment I suspect it's OK.

The one weird thing I found was these two piece of rubber in the tank under the fuel uptake, and I have no idea what they are. Any ideas? If they came off the existing sending unit/float/etc, I don't see where they were. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I still don't know what these are - can't find anything like them on a parts diagram related to the fuel system - but I reinstalled everything and my gauge works now. Maybe the float just got wedged up or something.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I looked and couldn't find anything like them either.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like they are spacers/bushings that are meant to go onto the bottom of the fuel pump. See attached pictures. They just sit in there with a slight friction fit it appears, so it's no surprise they fell out. It's also entirely possible/probably that ethanol has caused them to shrink and fit less securely. I pulled all this out again because my gauge stopped working again, and it turns out the float won't float, which I am also blaming on ethanol and time. I'm getting a neoprene replacement float from https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...augefloats.php