Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Depths people will go to slam Polaris

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-1999, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok got a freind who bought a new Kawasaki Prairie and afther the first 3 hour ride it was running like crap, wouldn't start with out being pulled started and all this so we took it to the dealer couple days later they replaced some relays and off we go, bam same thing happens again, it goes back, then goes back again, and then goes back again. The dealer told us oh it is new and if it is going to break it will now when it is new. Isnt that why we buy new? so they dont sit in the shop? His analogy was this, I would rather drive to Portland , which is a 6 hour drive in a old pickup with 120,000 miles on it than a brand new one. but anyway, they finally got the right part they think on order. Well to my point. Here he is with a new quad paid hundreds more than me for a two wheel drive, and it still doesnt run right, and my chain is slack needs to be tigthened and he is slamming my Polaris which so far has run great , I looked at him and said man you are slamming Polaris when your new quad has been in the shop everyother day since you bought it! and you have the nerve to call my Polaris crap cause it has a Chain? and it needs to be tightned? I told him he was slamming my Polaris due to the fact it runs good and he cant stand the fact that i have had better luck with mine than he has with his Kawasaki. And i had nothing but encouragement that his Prairie won't need much it is just something minor. Some people seem to really have a dislike for Polaris, even when it is totally uncalled for, can you imagine slamming someones quad when your brand new one is in the shop? I have over 600 miles on it and this is the first time I have had to even look at the chain except to lube it.

Old 11-27-1999, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Man, that’s deep!

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River

Old 11-27-1999, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

HEY GUY: don't let him get to you just call, and tell him how much fun you had, on your piece of crap, while he was waiting for his to get out of shop.It all goes back to the dealer not the machine,if they had fixed it right first time, he would be ridin now.Had same thing once with old 425 took back several times, would do same thing take back,each time same guy fixed it.Finially another guy looked at it adjusted choke cable "WAALLA" no more problem.Was that because it was a piece of crap,I DON"T THINK SO,it was the damn MECHANIC sounds like whats going on here.COB

Old 11-27-1999, 06:56 PM
Range Rover

All manufacturers make a lemon once in awhile, cars, motorcycles, tvs, even quads. Polaris just can't seem to overcome their bad rep for quality and reliability. I'll take my 400 Sport over any buddies quad that I ride with. My friends still won't let me live down the fact that I broke a chain 4 months ago. Especially my one riding buddy who owns a 400 ex. So, imagine my surprise when we were riding a couple weeks ago, and his bike starts smoking like a wet grass fire. We narrowed it down to the fuse under the seat. Replaced it, blew it again. No extra fuses at this point. Luckily, another rider stopped to help, wrapped a bad fuse with foil from his cigarette pack, and away we went. Some wires from his headlight were shorting out. I don't think I'll let that one rest for quite a while.