Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who thinks that honda owners should light up ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-1999, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don`t want to start any fight in here. This is the polaris forum so u honda boys stay out of here. ( the way u guys work )What I want to say is simple. Honda owners think that they have the best of the best machine. Always say go honda go honda. One thing is that the honda`s are probably the most reliable quad on the market for now. But all the other aren`t so bad at all, and that include polaris. And after all, except reliabality, what else do they have better? (talking about the utility market) All other brand except kawi have 500cc+ machine on sale now. Many other brand feature more suspension, more ground clearence, better 4x4 system, better brakes, better handling, turning radius, top speed, overall comfort. Every other brand have more standard feature on their machine than honda. I`m not saying that it is not right to have a honda. I would love to have one but so I would love to have any other. Just stop saying go honda, and as for Polaris, "A pox upon thy house!." We rarely see a polaris owner say honda are junk but how often do we see honda owner say polaris are junk. Well I can say that they are not junk (own one). Go polaris go.

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 12-10-1999).]

Atvbbs, I know you are the moderator here but changing the message, in part or on every aspect is not cool. I mean why did you editted my message ?? I would have prefered that you delete it rather than change it ? What tells you that I agree with you and then that`s my signature a the bottom of it right ??? think about it dude.

[This message has been edited by A_TEAM (edited 12-12-1999).]

Old 12-10-1999, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

its Honda, they are brainwashing the poor fools...ya' know, their motto is "The Best ATVs on Earth"...

geez.

Old 12-10-1999, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

I am a Honda owner, I post in the Polaris forum and most of the others. But, I don't "bash" anyone else's choice of atv or claim what I have is better than anyone else's.
I go and read the other forums to learn about new things that I know nothing about. I ride with all brands and all kinds of setups. Every rider has different needs and different equipment.
There are always going to be people who get some kind of enjoyment out of starting trouble, or have some feelings of inferiority they express through attacking others. It's much easier to do it through this medium than face to face, also. As you know, some people who post these things don't even own a quad. Whenever someone posts something that obviously is intended to inflame those in a particular forum, it is best to not respond. It does take two people to argue. If you just roll on and ignore it, that post will drop off the page within a day or so. I found this forum by accident and have learned quite a lot from people with every brand made and from people riding in all kinds of terrrain (I even talked to a rider in Belgium). I think it is the best site of its kind.

[This message has been edited by TxDoc2 (edited 12-09-1999).]

Old 12-10-1999, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

You want to know why Honda has such reliable machines, because they have been in the market so long, they have had all this time to practice and fix everything that needed to be fixed before any other brand came out with theirs.

Old 12-10-1999, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Open your eyes... Polaris owners bash Honda all the time, just go over the Honda forum. Don't post ignorant.

Old 12-10-1999, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A_Team, I believe the forums (e.g., "Polaris ATVs") are labeled indentifying their contents, not as a gate permitting posts only by brand partisans (in this case, Polaris owners or fans).

I understand name-calling posts (as in, "Polarises are junk!") offend you. Name-calling, I agree, appears irresponsible and ineffective (who's going to sell or avoid buying his Polaris because someone calls it, "junk?"). A more productive approach would be, "I prefer the (quad make and model) (system) design because . . .," or, "The Polaris (whatever) (design/construction/materials) could be improved in my opinion by (constructive suggestion). . . ," both statements from actual experience or observation.

Realistically, this ideal fantasy's not gonna happen. One hopes bashing doesn't deteriorate into personal attacks, drawing moderator action, but realistically, sometimes it will.

Irresponsible posts say more about the poster than the quad or person they're bashing.

Finally, I'll have to agree with AlaskaTRX; Honda owners have no monopoly on bashing--while I don't keep score, some Polaris partisans show they're capable of bashing Hondas on the Honda forum from time to time.

TxDoc2 gives some good analysis and advice above; I've learned a lot from reading posts from and corresponding with Polaris owners; and I agree fully with you: all quads have their good points; like you, I'm happy for anyone who enjoys his, whatever brand he prefers (although that enjoyment needn't require the bashing of other brands).

Tree Farmer

Old 12-10-1999, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

Maybe I should have name my post -Why are honda 4x4 only 3 wheel drive ? Why are honda 4x4 so slow ? Why are honda 4x4 stopped by drums ? Why are honda full time 4x4 ?.... Why should'nt I ? There'S alot of honda post named -why are polaris blah blah blah...
And tree farmer, don`t u read honda post sometime ?? If you do, you should see why I said I don`t want honda boys to come reply in here.

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-1999, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Atv bashing does seem to be a waste of time. For myself. Im more interested in hearing peoples experiences or hearing about good or bad products. What tires work best, things like that. We try to help each other out with
questions and answers. However, If the honda atv quad owners want to. I dont even mind if they polaris bash my year 200 xpedition 425 cc. I like it. My dad has an older polaris atv that is running. Even after all my nephews drove it into the ground. Smashed into a tree. Its still running. My cousin has
an old polaris 250 cc. Its still running.
Sometimes we even have honda bashing among them selves about which one is the best. I supose we do to in polaris country. I do think that the honda owners do a little bit more bashing then we do in polaris. I dont know why. Possibly, they are worried that polaris is now comming out with some very nice atv's and many of the older polaris atv's are still running fine. It would then mean that all the bad things they said about polaris are un-true.

When I was out grouse hunting this fall. I was alone, but I ran into alot of atv's of all brands. They were all making it through the mud holes. A few people stopped and looked at mine as they were thinking about getting a new machine and wanted to see what a year 2000 polaris looks like. My kawasaki owner friend up by my parents where my atv is
kept. said that his dealer told him that his 1999 or 98 kawasaki 400 cc. could pull away honda and polaris atv's. He is always telling
me that his kawasaki is better than my polaris. We have talked about going out riding together, but we have not done it yet.
Well, getting ready for some minnesota winter
atv riding........... polaris xpedition...

Old 12-10-1999, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A_Team, I obviously failed to communicate.

My point: The ATV Connection Forum is a public forum; I don't believe you can control who posts what where on a public forum.

Nothing prevents a Honda guy from posting on the Polaris forum; nothing prevents a Polaris guy from posting on the Honda forum. One only hopes all posts are relevant and civil.

I do read the Honda, and all other, forums. Certainly, you may post disparaging comments about Hondas if you choose to. But why? What would be your objective? What would be your result? Surely, you don't feel compelled to follow suit with irresponsible posters, do you?

Tree Farmer

Old 12-10-1999, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

machines are machines you should be glad with what you got. even though im not a polaris fan i still respect them.Nuff Said

------------------
99' Wolverine, FMF MegaMax2 Pipe, K&N jet kit and filter, OxLite brush guards,Skidplate, DuraBlue Elimanator axle and lift kit

Quick Reply: Who thinks that honda owners should light up ?