Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My POLARIS is Junk

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My point is, I know just as many storys of bad quads by other companys as well. So if you don't like polaris please don't come in this forum and trash talk the quads we ride!!! IQSLEDNECK good point!!Twelve years of riding NEVER had a problem that was NOT my fault. I'm not saying to baby the thing but take care of it it will take you riding and bring you back

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by itsfit
My point is, I know just as many storys of bad quads by other companys as well. So if you don't like polaris please don't come in this forum and trash talk the quads we ride!!! IQSLEDNECK good point!!Twelve years of riding NEVER had a problem that was NOT my fault. I'm not saying to baby the thing but take care of it it will take you riding and bring you back
I agree my Xplorer 400L picked up in 01 is going strong to this day and i rode the living crap out of it. That machine was bullet proof as far as i'm concerned. I did change all fluid when the book said I needed to and always kept up with it.
Same with all the other Polaris machines I've owned and not one I've purchased ever needed to go to the dealer for work. They have been great machines.

I could trash talk Yamaha all day long I had terrible luck with the ones I owned but i understand all brands have lemons.
Trash talkers need to stay out of the Polaris forum. I don't care about a story about some Polaris you didn't own and you saw break down but have no clue what it's past history was.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Guys ATV problems are almost always maintannce issues.
Keep the mud and water out of bushings u joints engines transmission and belts and all will be OK.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well.....let me just tell you about my dad! Up here in Virginia we love to ride! I grew up with my dad buying all new Hondas and we beat the crap out of them and they would take it (most times). Same with Kaw, Pol. But this was in '86 when all the companies were trying to get their name out. Back to my dad. He's 56 years old, I'm 36. He bought a 450 Foreman 2 years ago after his divorce and stayed in the mountains all the time. 2500 miles in 7 months on tight trails, hill climbs, rolled ten times and ended up in a tree!!! No lie. We had to cut the tree down, then he found a gear with his electric shift and climbed the hill he just flipped on. This thing was wore out when he sold it. He bought a 400 xplorer (hard on it too). 1 trip to west virginia and he tore the trans up. It had 2600 miles on it and the rear chain was shot and he didn't fix it before he went to wva. When the chain broke, he ran in front wheel drive 75 miles through creeks! Now he sold it and bought a new King Quad 400. 15 months later he's got 4200 miles on it. He's put wheel brgs in the front that's all. What me and him have decided is this. They all have problems. Honda has no ride or brakes! Yamaha will flat get you hurt cause most of them aint balanced right. He loved the Polaris but he inherited somebody elses problems. He hasn't wore out the zuki yet so we'll see. I have a 400xplorer and have spent on it but it was neglected.My wife loves the Rancher ( I hate the ride). It seems to me companies are in it for the money where years ago they had more quality. Who knows.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 PM

i wish people would stop dragging this 10 year old thread around lol... but seriously they all make reliable machines these days and we as quad consumers have never had so many great choices, but polaris with its proven sportsmans have the best bargains right now. my dad got a new 11' 500 because its proven and priced very well. a 500 for $5500? ($6000 retail) how can you go wrong?