Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cheer up guys... another new rumor or two!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was at the dealer today talking with the usual fellow there. He had downloaded the "Prototype Polaris Sports Quad" photo from Zorro's website and showed it to the Polaris representative last week. He said when the rep saw it his eyes got all big and asked where he got it. He was shocked... Could this mean something??? Who knows??? He also told the dealer that often the manufacturers let information or pictures leak out even if the "new model" still isn't ready just to keep customers from buying other brands and to keep them waiting....

This one is true: I will not go into detail but I also heard from someone who works for an ATV magazine that two other manufacturers are definately coming out with high-performance sport quads this fall. From what I could understand he test rode one of them already. Just passing on top-secret information. Our sport is really getting better every year!

Just had some free time to type...plus I am tired of all these negative posts as of late. Last few months have been relatively bash-free... whats up?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know if its true or not,but I heard polaris was going to offer an atv that was well designed,durable and reliable. Here again,its probably just a rumor.

Old 06-22-2001, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Grizz, you have yet to say anything worth while in the Polaris forum. Your rather annoying. Why post if you can't say anything constructive. We get the point, you don't like Polaris. Big deal, so move on.

Old 06-22-2001, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

He's new... he will learn! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2001, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider

Two other manufacturers? Well, I would say one of them for sure is Suzuki. They've got a DRZ400 on the way, along with a 250 sport machine. But, who might the other manufacturer be? I wouldn't think it would be Yamaha; the Raptor is too new. Kawasaki would be a good bet, but I haven't heard a thing of them releasing a sport model any time soon. I think Bombardier has a smaller sport machine on the way this year, but I don't think they're the one either. I'm betting on Honda coming out with a 650EX. That's my prediction, what's everybody elses?

Old 06-22-2001, 08:16 AM
Range Rover

I got a crazy idea, let's ignore 99griz and maybe he'll go away. My question is, why does he post only on the Polaris forum? The answer is because he is feeling totally inadequate as a person. This is shown by his constant attacks on anything to do with Polaris and their new models. Perhaps he is feeling inadequate because he bought a 99 Grizzly instead of waiting a couple of years for the improved model. You know what I'm talking about, the one with the Polaris type IRS system that he says is no good. Polaris was the first to use dual a-arms rear suspension, or for that matter the first manufacturer to make an IRS system that works. I don't count the IRS system on the Suzukis. 3.9 whole inches of travel, single a-arms and no sway bar is not exactly what I would call suspension. Oh by the way 99griz, seek professioinal help.

Back to the subject. I hope the long drought is over from the other manufactures as far as sport quads go. I just can't see Suzuki and Kawasaki get back into it though. Suzuki has given us the same boring utility stuff year after year. Kawasaki has been too busy building "one off" works machines to be concerned with silly stuff like selling sport quads. They even said as much when one of the magazines asked if they will ever build a production machine like the current KXF250. Why, in gods name, would you ever race a machine that you aren't going to sell? Especially in a "small" market like sport quads. It doesn't make sense.

I do hope that they do come out with something in the line of new sport machines, I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Old 06-22-2001, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

HyperSport, Suzuki has atleast two new utility quads(you can see them on the Suzuki forum somewhere) and a dealer just told me last weekend that they AREreleasing TWOnew sport quads in September. As far as Kawasaki, I give up on them releasing a new sport quad, especially with the release of the new V-Twin Prairie. I agree totally with the whole "one off" racer that seems to be a waist to everyone except William Yokley![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] They even raced a 350 and 411 Mojave a few times before racing the current Mojave all last season and now this year they pulled the plug on the Mojave racer and switched to a Lakota for the womans class![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2001, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Xplor, there is a new Sport Quad coming. It should be dialed in, by now. It will be a 5 or 6 speed tranny and a four stroke. cc's were pending last I heard. If I hear anything, I'll post. Ride'em hard Polcat

Old 06-22-2001, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Just went to my dealer today, and he said that the new SP's will be coming out this fall for sure. I'm 100% confident, as of now, that Polaris is really coming out with the 700. He said he don't know if it is gonna have the Visco-Differential yet. He also said his rep told him they got a sport quad coming out shortly after the Sportsman 700.

Also, I noticed the Magnum RMK's front U-joints are sealed. Are all 2002 Polaris 4x4's gonna have this?

Old 06-23-2001, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

According to Dirt Wheels Suzuki will be coming out with a sport quad. I'm pretty sure it's a 400cc four stroke.