Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris sucks,,Don't buy polaris..That's a bunch of B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure about everyone else so I'm only speaking for myself but it seems as though every time I log on to these forums someone is bitching about a polaris that's (only a few months old,,,,,and only has a few hours on it) that's broke down..
News flash,,,everyone that buys a polaris gets a warranty same as any other quad,,,,USE IT, your dealer will take care of your problems if not contact polaris and let them know that your dealer will not take care of their custumers..
If you go to any of the other forums you'll see the same thing,,I think that that's pretty much what these forums are for,,,helping each other out..
If your not happy with your POLARIS or any other brand of quad that you have by all means sell the d### thing and get what you want,,just don't come on here and try to make everyone believe that all polaris's suck or are junk because it's not going to happen..
I have a 00 TBlazer and have yet to have a problem with it and love the thing.. soooo that tells me that not alll POLARIS'S have problems..
For once lets hear some good comments about your polaris's guys....

Old 07-05-2001, 02:11 AM
Range Rover

spanky you are so right i mean if you want to complain tell people how care beacuse we sure dont

99 scram

Old 07-05-2001, 09:22 AM
Trailblazer

I have said it before and I'll say it again. You will have SOME problems with any machine you buy. PERIOD. Numerous factors come into play: riding style, riding terrain, maintenance, etc. My brother's 98 Sportsman 500 is running great. He has replaced the brakes and has a new belt that needs installing. But the belt problem is due to rider error. He drove the thing in high gear, regardless of terrain. He has now acknowledged his error and now uses the gearbox correctly.

As for my 2001 HO, only time will tell. So far, I love the thing.

Old 07-05-2001, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer

Exactly , 2300 miles of pure reliable fun, tore a CV boot and that was not Polaris's fault, Though like some people I could blame them for it. Tear the company apart call every Polaris ever made crap and still continue to ride it and complain. Sell the thing, trade it in, blow it up, use it for a coffee table. Anything but whine and moan.

Old 07-05-2001, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

I would like to see some comaprison amoung mfgs. on numer of reported problems. I would guess that they would not be to far from each other. If you look logicaly at number of machines sold (Polaris) versus number of problems, I would bet the ratio would be low. This is a forum to voice opinions, even though there are quite a few members here, it by no means covers the entire scope of owners/riders. Amoung the opinions voiced here, the problamatic ones are making the noise. How many people do you think there are that never have a problem that you never hear from!!

Old 07-05-2001, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

I think that the forum is a good place to vent our frustrations. If no one had a problem with their quads or ever worked on them for them self then there would be no need for this forum. Of course we are going to hear about the bad things that happen to people, that is what gets them all fired up to actually put it down in writing. I am guilty of venting on here too with all of the problems that I have had, but I am not going to bitch about things that have happened that were my fault. My quad is great when it is working correctly, I am 6'7" and it was the only one at the time that I could even fit right on besides the DS650. I like the little things like the reverse and the automatic clutch. My quad has not been trouble free to say the least and polaris does have its problems with my year of quad and they have taken steps to improve with each year since. That is all I can ask for in a manufacturer, recognize the mistakes and take steps to make it right.

Balzak
00 scrambler 400 2x4 HPD'd to the gills
92 Kaw Ninja 1100

Old 07-05-2001, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with spanky... use the warranty.. if you dont wana, just go buy something else! dont go bashing polaris just because one wear-and-tear part broke!

Old 07-05-2001, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry if someone spends 8 grand on a new 4 wheeler and expects it to perform up to reasonable expectations.I bought the thing to ride not put it into the shop for warranty work(where it is now)I know now part of it was dealer prep,and part was defective from the factory.The reason people complain about their 4 wheelers here is to see if these problems are common or just a fluke.I always see people in here brag how good their polairs is,especially over other brands so it does go both positive and negative.

Old 07-05-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I could'nt agree with you more, I love my polaris and have no complaints, do the regular maintenance and they'll run forever (well almost, hehe).

Notice the ones who bash polaris don't own one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 07-05-2001, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

No problems with my H.O.. Eight months old and 800 miles.

Quick Reply: Polaris sucks,,Don't buy polaris..That's a bunch of B.S.