Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Electronic throttle control?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it went down the intake you'd know it real quick like when you cranked it up. Plus you'll always find it right after you install the new one.. At least that's what happened to me when I dropped one and grabbed one from the parts bin.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
If it went down the intake you'd know it real quick like when you cranked it up. Plus you'll always find it right after you install the new one.. At least that's what happened to me when I dropped one and grabbed one from the parts bin.
Haha....I told my wife the same thing. Soon as I put it in I'll find the old one. I suspect it's laying in a frame rail or somewhere on the quad. Or under one of my lawnmowers. An 18 dollar quarter inch brass piece !

Old 03-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Reverse light

I recently replaced all bulbs on my dash of my 95 Magnum. Any idea why my reverse light is always on? The hi beam works correctly but no neutral light and reverse is always on.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Best guess is that expensive little gear position switch in the shift box is stuck in reverse position or worn.Later models they were finally moved to the gear cases.You may be able to take the top off and work the switch. Early models had a plastic flip lever but I think yours is the metal plunger. Item #15. Polaris ATV Parts 1995 W958144 MAGNUM 4X4 GEAR SELECTOR Diagram High beam indicator isn't controlled by the switch.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

Best guess is that expensive little gear position switch in the shift box is stuck in reverse position or worn.Later models they were finally moved to the gear cases.You may be able to take the top off and work the switch. Early models had a plastic flip lever but I think yours is the metal plunger. Item #15. Polaris ATV Parts 1995 W958144 MAGNUM 4X4 GEAR SELECTOR Diagram High beam indicator isn't controlled by the switch.
Thanks. I'll check it out. You're not in Ohio by any chance,are you?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Miketerk
Thanks. I'll check it out. You're not in Ohio by any chance,are you?
North Texas. It's in the upper right corner of the window.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Quad suddenly running terrible

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
North Texas. It's in the upper right corner of the window.
95 Polaris Magnum 425 was running beautifully all week. Replaced front strut which was easier than I thought it was going to be by the way. Tuned carburetor as per OPT's instructions. All cleaned up and ready to ride. First good riding day here in Northeast Ohio. Rode for 2 hours perfectly until I took it over a little jump. I hit the jump only getting the front wheels off the ground and the thing started running real rough and lost most of it's power. I limped it home and parked it. I'm so frustrated with this quad and it takes alot to frustrate me. I'm hoping the jump just knocked a wire loose or something. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Pull the black wire from the reverse limiter and see if that solves it. You might also drain the carb bowl and see if that helps. Running crappy after a jump could simply be some trash stirred up in the carb,stopping up jets.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Pull the black wire from the reverse limiter and see if that solves it. You might also drain the carb bowl and see if that helps. Running crappy after a jump could simply be some trash stirred up in the carb,stopping up jets.
I was actually thinking about that wire and if could be the problem. I also was going to get new jets for the carb. I was just at my local shop yesterday and they said I could replace them all for about 25 bucks. Do you think i could have lost the air screw out of the bottom of the carb making run that way?

Old 04-03-2017, 01:44 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Pull the limiter wire first. If it runs the same,then you may have to go into the carb to check it out.

Quick Reply: Electronic throttle control?