Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will scottaboshia please stand up!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so the infamous picture, legitimate or fake, is off the Nashville website. Can someone that actually saw this picture, pull it from their browser's cache and post it somewhere. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2001, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

What is your problem 4monkeys? It isn't your job to figure out who I am, where I am from, and what I do. Do you get a kick out of bugging the heck out of me day by day?. Does that make your day complete like a bowl of raisin bran in the morning?? Can you at some point and time just give up? I came here just like any other person. To visit, chat, and have fun. So what if I know a little info about an ATV. Mabye there are people out there that know something about other brands. Are you bugging the heck out of them too???? I just want to share these facts so people know what the 700 Sportsman is like. Everything up to this point that I have said it TRUE, that is spelled "T" "R" "U" "E", or can you not read correctly? I am not a lier and if I wish not reveal my identity, that is my right. Mabye I don't "trust" people on the intenet, big deal! And what is all this "BOLD" crap about? Get a life, this is the real thing, not rumors anymore, just facts!

JAnderson, I just posted the pic in one of the above post. Again, it is here!

Old 08-09-2001, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Had a problem pulling up the pic with IE. Netscape worked. The picture and the 700 graphic does seem suspect.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Will you PLEASE send me the E-Mail scott???????????????

Old 08-09-2001, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

<< I think you are option #1 scottablahblah...

...even if the picture is legitimate... and that is still questionable...

...you are talking and acting like a child.
>>

4 Monkies,

How would you act when you know you are right, and everybody (specifically you) keeps saying that you're not, and attempting to challenge your creditability?

Frankly, I have no doubt that Scott is not Full of BS. He has been able to back up what he has said. All the new features he mentioned were listed on that Dealer's site. If you look closely, you will notice that the Radiator shroud is a different design then current production models. you will also notice that the shroud around the foot brake is also taller. Along with those changes, you will notice a new shifter, in at a different angle. With that, there is at least one shifter linkage shown, that is at a greater angle then the other ones.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

The pic that was sent to me was real!!!!!!!! If you want it just send me a private messages with your E-Mail address!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2001, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

Look closely at the front hubs. They are obviously NOT the same as on the '01 Sportsman, and I think that would be hard to 'fake' so it would look right. I do agree, though, that the 700 graphic doesn't look quite 'right' but it could just be glare or a color that the digital camera didn't recognize quite 'right'.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

i have worked a lot with digital cameras. The quad looks to be a lot different than a sportsman.

It looks like to me it was taken with a less than quality camera.

The whole picture looks fuzzy. Anywhere there is a bit of tight detail it looks bad. That would make the stickers ect look like they were added. Like the stuff laying on the bench, the tool box drawer edges.

It looks authetic to me!

and, i posted it on my server take a look

http://members.home.com/xc300ex/sportsman.jpg

Old 08-09-2001, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

The new Magnum RMK has front hubs that look identical to the ones in the Sportsman picture. It is stated that the SP700 utilizes the centralized hilliard front differential, and I am assuming that there is no selection between 2 and 4 wheel drive. This design has 2 cv joints per side in the front, which may be a more durable design over the 1 u-joint, and 1 cv joint design in that the 2 cv joint setup reduces pressure in full-lock turns. I don't know......just guessing.

Scottaboshia,

1. Can you validate this (front diff design, and 2-4wd option), and is the front diff the same as in the Magnum RMK?
2. Is the chassis different, or new?
3. Is the radiator a new design? Surely Polaris isn't using the same radiator to cool 700cc as the 500HO.
4. Is Polaris slowly going to no 2-4wd selection on all models?

Thanks

It doesn't matter, but I would say that scottaboshia is an inside Polaris man.

Old 08-09-2001, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

I am only sure on a couple of thins here. I think that te chassis is different. I know for sure that the cooling system is completely different and new. No other atv has it. It is self bleeding to get all of the air out and the cooling is awesome for the size of radiator that is actually on it.

Quick Reply: Will scottaboshia please stand up!?