Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will scottaboshia please stand up!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 12:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok scottaboshia, your profile is new to this forum--the profile was created on July 31st. I've been reading your carrot dangling Sportsman 700 posts for a few days now and decided that you are:

1. The child/immediate relative/close acquaintence of a Polaris marketing/engineering/manufacturing employee; OR...

2. A legitimate Polaris marketing/engineering/manufacturing employee; or...

3. A Polaris dealership rep who doesn't really know diddly about the SP700 outside the rumors that are already prevalent on this board-some supposedly from other Polaris reps; OR...

4. Some child/adult-child enjoying chiding us along at your entertainment...

...SO, its time to stand up and offer some credibility to the hints you've been dropping on your "inside track" to the Sportsman 700, or whatever 7xx CC machine Polaris might be working on. AND, offer some explanation to the other forum members as to a legitimate reason why your posts are so "mysterious."

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Fess up!

Old 08-08-2001, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Why do you care about me so much? What I say around here is true and that is that. WHy would I lie about this stuff? To make people mad, NO, I want people to know things so they are happy!

Old 08-08-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Yes there is a 700. Saw a picture of it from Polaris-Suzuki of Nashville, TN. Don't think so? Go to- http://biz.50below.com/freedom/templ...TYID=ps2688800 Looks like it is definitely true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2001, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure their will be a lot of happy people now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It will be interesting to see what they want for it- pricewise?! And what color choices we will have.

Old 08-08-2001, 01:10 PM
Range Rover

STILL A SKEPTIC!

Bull Roar!!!!

I pulled that picture up under a graphics editor and zoomed in real close. Those graphics have
been added to the picture after the fact! See for yourself! You can see where whoever did the work screwed up on some of the pixel editing.

I wonder if Polaris knows about this picture? Why is this picture only available through this one dealer site, and no one else on planet earth outside of the actual Polaris people have seen this mysterious machine... But somehow this dealer has a picture? Come on!

And what about this "cool" new look that scottaboshia seems to have seen!??? Hmmmm???? I don't see any bold new look here. Just some different color plastic panels.

I personally think this is all a bunch of crap! And scottablahblah did not help much with his whiny, I don't want to tell you who I am post!

I can believe that Polaris is developing a 700+cc quad, it just makes business sense, doesn't it? But, it apparently is still under wraps, and nothing here sheds new light.

If this is the 700cc Sportsman... well, all I can say is that it appears to be a visual, technical disappointment. We need more than just a bigger engine!

Old 08-08-2001, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, Wheres the Scrambler? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

I too have looked at the pic and are not convinced that this is a 700 Sportsman. I am going to my dealer today. They will let me look up on the dealer page. I knew the 500X was coming out, about 7 months in advance. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 08-08-2001, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Try on- 740 lbs. Dry weight, 1500 lb. towing capacity. Rear Suspension 11.25" of ground clearance. Twin Cylinder with 4 valves, 2 per head, hydraulic lifters, push rods, rocker arms.

Old 08-08-2001, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

You know what? I think that it a complete fake website!

The Polaris hosted website I go to follows this URL convention....

http://go-polaris.com/purintons/

Quick Reply: Will scottaboshia please stand up!?