Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

You think We would learn our lesson

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 07:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In light of the terroist attacks on our country, you think we (as ATV anthusiasts) would get our act together. Nations from around the world have come together for a common goal. Nations that once were bitter enemys. We as Americans have put aside our petty differances and united as one nation.
My point here is...We like to RIDE atv's. I ride with owners of ALL DIFFERENT MAKES of atv's. Our common goal should not be to waste our presious time squabbling about who's is faster or who's is better or breaks more, our time should be used to unite our sport. Our sport needs more organized trail systems. Our sport needs support from our lawmakers. If we get together and show our mass and unity, WE can change these things.
Support your local club or start a new one. Lets show them that we can have a safe and organized sport. Show them that we are united and strong. Look at the legeslative power that the NRA has. This is thru unity and organization.
If we continue fighting and bashing others, (even just brand loyalty) we will devide our sport and lose sight of our common goal. TO RIDE

Sorry about the flag waving....wait, No I'm not...We should be waving our flag! Think about the big picture. Stop the whining, stop the bashing, START RIDING!!!

My Pics

Old 09-30-2001, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Old 09-30-2001, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Unclemuck,
what a great post.Today,I beleive there really is not a ''bad' ATV.They all pretty much do a good job for you.I often ask other fellow ATVers what they have done to help improve the image of our sport?You'd be suprized at how many riders think that because they purchased a 16.25 cent State ORV sticker,that their job is DONE?I know,I used to be one of them!

Today?
I continually educate other fellow ATVers on the importance of ATV safety and responsable use.I try to lead by example as well.Im involved in State wide trail maintenance for ORVs.I also visit my local dealers to keep them abreast of local ATV laws ect.

Ask not what your trails can do for you?But what can you do for your trails?

Bill

Old 09-30-2001, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

I couldn't agree with you more. This retarded bashing of somebody's choice of atv should stop and right now !! I am not too proud to admit that MY atv is NOT the best,the fastest,the easiest to ride,the most dependable,the best in the rivers or the mud holes,the best looking,the best riding,etc...... BUT its MINE and I LIKE IT !!!!!!!! My riding pals drive 400ex's,300ex's, warriors, quadracers,bayous and arctic cats and the group is growing.... We don't suffer from "mine's bigger than yours syndrome". So if we can get along and have fun on the trails we certainly can play nice on the internet, RIGHT ?

Old 09-30-2001, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Great post!

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2001, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

This is a good post but you can tell by the response to it so far that no one seems to be paying attention. We are losing our riding rights by the month all across the country, the greenies are organized and we just keep pissing and moaning about each others quad. I wonder how many of the people on this board belong to a riding club that works for our rights and to try and obtain riding areas? I think I'll start a new post and see what happens.

Old 10-01-2001, 04:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Scram500Man,Im a member of MATVA or the Mich All Terrain Vehicle Assoc.Im also a member of the CCC or the Cycle Concervation Club.Im a licensed ASI [ATV Safety Instructor].I also teach the Rider Safety Training course for MATVA.Im also involved in trail maintenance.Im not trying to burst my own bubble,but as you can see,im heavily involved in my sport too?

Bill