Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2002 POLARIS XPEDITION 425

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i own a 2001 425 expedition so far its been sweet i dont know the top end on it but it shifts great and the ride is excellent and a lot of low end tork do be afraid to buy one plus it has a start in gear feature that not too many people know about it just pull the brake leaver in and turn the key on another nice little feature is the ignition its a key type and not a button the machine is well designed
again dont be afraid to buy one

Old 01-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

AtomicAuston,

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Too heay to powerslide? lol!!! I won't even go there.

"You do know about the recall right?"
Yeello! Why do you think they list the date of manufacture?!?! They corrected the problem now. You think they are gonna continue selling them if there's a problem?

WOW! There was a recall! Like MTPockets said,"BIG DEAL! every Manufacturer has recalls." You think Honda is too good for a recall or something? Well guess what.

Old 01-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey nike i dont know the top speed but i just bought a xpedition 325 and love it.The foot shift is excellent dirt wheels said that they were the smoothest 5 speed they have tested.atomicaustin is a little of i can power slide my 325 really good so you would be able to power slide a 425 easy. the xpeditions are also full shaft drive so there really smooth.if i were you i would go out and buy one you will love it....

Old 01-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

is the 425 xpedition all time 4 wheel drive no right its like a switch or something? and the polaris have like front diferencil or somethin what is that im new in the atv world so thats why i am askin so many dumb questions haha

Old 01-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

the xpedition is on demand true 4x4 which means there is a switch.Unlike limitedslip 4x4 systems, it senses when the rear wheels lose traction, then automatically engages both front wheels with full torque for ultimate traction in rough terrain....

Old 01-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

what if u wanna do like donuts and powerslids and things like that?

Old 01-21-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

The Xpedition is a very good quad...a buddy of mine has a 2001 and it kicks a$$....yea umm what was that guy talkin about them not being able to powerslide good...becuz they do....lots of low end power and lots good midrange power....we have tons of fun on it all the time....they've never had any really major problems with it....and yes it is the smoothest shifting 5 speed out there....i think u would find that is a very good ride......well good luck deciding and have fun.....

Old 01-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

what abouyt donuts do they do them good too cause of the front dif.?

Old 01-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

So much needless bickering. Its obvious that AtomicAustin doesnt have a exp 425, so we will disregard his comments. If he wants a shifter he can buy his own honda, and the optional back brace that he will need after a good hard ride. I've got over 1200 miles on my 2000 model, and haven replaced a thing. Except a tow strap, (my buddies honda doesnt cut it in the mud hole). The shifting is smooth, the EBS is the best in the line-up. What EBS, the EBS that always engages when you let off the throttle, and if you need more ebs just downshift. Works every time. I'm still on my original brakes, front and back. I've riden with alot of autos that couldnt make up their mind to use high or low gear in the trails. High was too high and low too low. After all, the expedition is there for those who want to shift, if you dont want to shift, get a auto. The choice is up to the buyer. The matter of a recall doesnt even enter the picture, thats the way the manufacter can get the bugs out for a better product in the future. I've never seen another quad go where mine cant and I've never ran out of power.
Its a great Janurary here in Minn, for riding this year, no snow on the ground and the temp is in the 30's. You cant buy weather better than this. Have fun and be safe.

2000 expedition

Old 01-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nick5153,"what abouyt donuts do they do them good too cause of the front dif.?"

if you want to do donuts, there is a switch on the handlebar- turn it to 2wd and you don't have to worry about the front diff 'cause you are in two wheel drive!
MT

Quick Reply: 2002 POLARIS XPEDITION 425