Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Scramble 400 X was pinched injector line. But they still will not budge the want my dealer to just put the parts in

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help my new scrambler X locked up after 2hours of use and now the dealer has found out that it was a factory defect and that the injector line was pinched from the factory. It is only 1 week old and now they want to rebuild the engine instead of replace it. Is this right even when I call polaris they tell me that's all they have to do.

Help

Old 05-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

realoldguy,

Yeah, the solution is to replace the parts, not the whole motor. Frankly, the motors cost too much to replace the whole thing. If they're fixing it for free why complain. If the shop knows what it's doing (and most do) they'll replace any unusually worn or broken parts with new ones. The vast majority of parts in your motor are still good, those that aren't they'll replace. Basically you'll have a whole new motor. Your biggest problem is that now you have to break it in all over again.

Old 05-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Range Rover

I do feel bad that your new x took a dump but, like i said in the last post. Have your dealer put in a weisco and it will be better than the factory polaris piston. At least you won't have to worry about the skirt busting off the stock piston. Then you would end up rebuilding it after your warranty was up, then thats money out of your pocket and even more down time.

Old 05-30-2002, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

sevy,

Normally I would suggest this too, if he were going to modify the machine. But if he is going to keep it stock, he might be better off with the stock Polaris piston. The skirts don't start to break off until the machine can rev out to past 7000 rpm under load. A stock machine with a stock pipe won't do this. Plus, unless you have the Wiseco piston coated, it is more prone to scuffing and cold seizure than the stock piston. Just my 2 cents.....

Old 05-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

MikeChero:

The mechanic @ my dealership still recommends going with the Wiseco. He also said to double the break in time, but would still go with it. Here is why he recommended so: The stock piston STILL will crack the skirts. He has seen it countless times, even on unmodded machines. He has yet to see the Wiseco crack off a chunk of skirt like the stockers do. I don't think he made any mention of greater life, but more for the fact you won't have the worry of chunks of piston breaking off, and ruining the bottom end of your engine. I didn't get my Wiseco coated, as he thought it was more for performance machines, but if it would help resist siezing, and maybe add life, maybe I should have....

Farmr

Old 05-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

the dealer must not have checked to see if the bubbles in the oil line moved or he would have know the oil line was pinched. he is probley fixing this on his own because he did not do the PDP he should have.

Old 05-30-2002, 06:40 PM
WJW
Trailblazer

With 2 hours of use on the engine you should still have the breakin mix in your fuel. The lack of oil to the injectors should not distroy the engine because the pre mix would save it, Thats the idia of premixing the fuel for breakin, Then if you don't use any oil from the infection tank
you know there is a problem to look for. I hope your dealer dosen't tell Polaris you only rode it 2 hours.

Old 05-30-2002, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

Mike chero, I was told that very same thing that farmr123 posted, and i think Rick has it on his web sight as well. Sorry if i gave out bad info, but if i had a choice between a stock and weisco that is the route i would go if my machine were tore down.

Old 05-31-2002, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well guys, most dealers will put in a Wiseco piston if you ask them to. I doubt this will be done for warranty work though. Make darn sure you get that piston coated too!

Old 05-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Mike,
where did you have your piston coated?

Quick Reply: New Scramble 400 X was pinched injector line. But they still will not budge the want my dealer to just put the parts in