Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help me choose Clutch springs???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose Clutch springs???

I am looking at the AAEN Primary Green or Polaris White(please explain the differences during ride), also AAEN Blue secondary and unsure on polaris color secondary(please explain the differences during ride). I trailride alot which involves climbing monster hills and plenty of speed. As it is stock, a 400ex can crawl in 2nd gear feathering the clutch just to keep it running and stays dead on my butt, with me at Wide open throttle. This is just unacceptable for me. I need your guys info on which Primary and Secondary Springs your Using on your 325 T-Boss and how you like them. Also, I ride my T-Boss very hard 95% of the time is spent at WOT. I have a UNI filter and Modified stock Silencer. I would like to stay low on price for these springs as well.

Thanks for any suggestions or tips on your experiences with the TBoss Clutch Springs.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

bump...

Old 10-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer

Come on guys........

Anyway I'm pretty much leaning towards AAEN Green Primary Spring. What effects will adding the Blue AAEN Secondary Spirng have on my bike with the Green Primary. Or do I even need it????

Old 10-20-2002, 09:40 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the polaris white and Aaen blue you will gain take off and not loose much in topend.I have tried both in my 425 magnum and thats what I run it seems to do real well.And the engagement is not much higher like with the green.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my wife a 2000 trail boss, and they are a great trail machine. The problem is thay they gear them real low and they use light weights in the primary. They do that so they will climb a tree if you want it do. The 325 is not a real huge powerhouse so you have to keep the rpms up. Really I would bite the bullet and buy the entire clutch kit and move the front sprocket up one tooth. It will acclerate faster, have a better top end, and backshift like a dream when your climbing. I know this is more money than you want to spend, but you would be much more happy in the end. A pirmary and secondary spring change will help, but with the whole kit you get weights and a split helix. Good luck,Bubba

Old 10-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Range Rover

To not spend much money i would do the following: Re-jet the carb, go to a Ritter's middle color ( middle of their spring chart) on the front and rear trans plentums, leave your weights alone, replace your spider drive buttons, call Ritters and the person there can give you specific info. this setup works great for trail riding aggressively on my bike.
hunt

Old 10-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

I want to get the wheels off the ground with out applying brakes and not loose any top speed (actually hope to gain a little) like the TBoss has any top speed on hills worth bragging about stock.

From post's I have read everyone says buy Polaris White Spring. Some say its not worth it. So.......

How much( and what color to ask for) is a primary spring from rittercycle, for what I want to improve in (Increased Power and MPH on hills, even pull the wheels off the (flat )ground with ease???????????

I'll just change the primary for now so help me out with the Spring Color Choice and Price at rittercycle.

Thanks guys.

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

Aaen has a nice green primary. I have it installed on my TB. I can tell you that I can stand mine straight up on o wheelie now(No Brake Torquing). As far as top speed, I don't think I have lost any, but it's hard to tell. I haven't really had mine out on the trails yet since I put all my mods on. If I happen to lose any top end, I will go with a different spring. Probably the polaris white. Like i said, from what I can tell, I haven't lost any top end with the Aaen green spring. The spring from Aaen was $25. not including shipping.

Old 10-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

Here it is, I have an RCR stage 1 kit with an RCR green primary spring. I can crank the front end off of the ground with a little body english. The engagement is a little higher than stock but I have gained around 5mph at the top and it is a great hillclimber.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks archerr2002

Thats exactly what I needed to hear. I'll give Rick a call and order one...

Quick Reply: Help me choose Clutch springs???