Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

has anyone else had cracked tranny in a xplor

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone else had cracked tranny in a xplor

Thats very interesting, I could just rig up the same shifter arraingment as any other the other machines and I would have low range. Only one problem, that would mean I would have to put yet another tranny into that machine. That might drive me over the edge! I will take a look at those gears tonight and check the size.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

High and reverse would simply hook up exactly the same way yours is hooked up in stock configuration. Then, all you would have to do to use low range is put your normal shifter in neutral, and rig up a way to shift the other arm. It would be a little complicated, but you would have the advantage of low range. Anyway, let me know what you determine about the gears. If you let me know what rear sprockets you are using, which ones are in the tranny, and your front/rear tire sizes, I can tell you what you could gear the rear to with changing to a 15/15 internal gearing, and keep the same front/rear gearing. I have a spreadsheet set up so I can play with different numbers easily.

Waylan

Old 11-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

bobbie, if you were able to pull the tranny out yourself, then you should be able to take it apart yourself and fix it yourself with a manual.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

92LT,

I agree with you completely. I am sorry I did not think about that earlier. All you need to purchase is a $40 service manual, and if you run into any problems, someone in here should be able to help. I have read your initial question over, and unless you were in water/mud when the case cracked, I don't believe the internals could be damaged that badly. Inspect them for yourself, and go to the link I posted earlier to order what you need to repair the tranny. You will need some 3-bond sealant for reassembly. If the left case is not cracked or busted, you wouldn't need to replace it. You could replace it with the updated design and go from there.

Old 11-06-2002, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the replys. In the next couple of days I'll go and pick up the broke tranny from the dealer. Somehow this wheeler is getting fixed I just dont know which way I'll go. Once its fixed I think the bike will be forsale. Anyone interested in it.

The hardest thing for me to take is if this happens to so many why dont Polaris step up to the plate. Either way I will not keep this bike for the fear of the stinken chain breaking again and cost me another $1000.

What is the closest performance wheeler out there to the 400. Considering going Jap.