ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Side by side...Predator and Z-400 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/83386-side-side-predator-z-400-a.html)

GE4x4 12-23-2002 11:24 PM

Side by side...Predator and Z-400

Here are a couple of pics of my Pred and my brothers Z before our ride sat. I always thought the Pred looked big in the pictures that I've seen, but when up close, not much differant then the Z.
Predator and Z-400

TeamZ400 12-24-2002 12:34 AM

wow....that thing is LOW compared to the Z....Have you raced em yet?

GE4x4 12-24-2002 08:58 AM

We didn't race due to I just picked it up and want to break it in right. But my brother took it for a spin and wasn't so easy on it as I was and said that the Pred is faster then his Z. This is my first sport atv, but that is all my brother has had, I believe what he said. But if we were to race, he would most likly beat me due to lack of experience on sport atv's.

rivermobster 12-25-2002 06:12 PM

Hey GE...I'm wondering how much time youve spent on ridin both of these quads! I'd like to know wacha think of em. I have a Z-400...im thinkn of givin it to my wife...and buyin a Predator for myself. From your experience with both of these quads...if you could only have one of em...which one would ya pick? (In other words...should I buy another Z or a Predator?) Thanks in advance!

Joe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

GE4x4 12-25-2002 09:54 PM

I've spent a little time on the Z, and I liked it a lot. Only have take the Pred out once, but I can tell you it is faster then the Z. My brother has a lot more time on the Z, and when he took the Pred for a ride he was very impressed. He loved the way it was set up in stock form, and he couldn't believe the steering on it. The suspension was stiff, but I think I might have it now, but I won't be able to try it for awhile, because were suppose to get 12 to 18 inches of snow tonight. I really like the Pred and I only paid $65 more then what my brother paid for his Z, yet I got a lot more for the money. Unless reverse is a must, I think you will love the Pred. Plus, you don't want two of the same bikes in your yard do you?

reconranger 12-26-2002 09:15 AM

Snow huh! We are headed for Ocotillo Wells tomorrow (low desert near Glamis) and it is supposed to be in the high 70's.

rivermobster 12-27-2002 02:25 AM

Thanks for the info GE...keep me posted...id love to have more info from someone that has seat time on *both* quads! Ive only been ridin in the snow one time (bein from SoCal) but it was a blast! Have fun!!

Joe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]