Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cv Boot gaurds for 00' Xplorer 400!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cv Boot gaurds for 00' Xplorer 400!?!

OK to start off i seem to have a big problem with sticks or something tearing my CV boots, so when we bought the machine new, we had them put the larger plastic polaris cv boot covers on like the sportsmans come stock with instead of the little ones that came stock on the my machine. For some reason they keep ripping, so im concluding that objects are comming from beneath the wheeler and getting to the Cv boots, Well anyway im looking for some steel CV boot covers that will go UNDERNEATH the a-arm and protect the front as well, any info on good steel CV boot gaurds would be appreciated, (ive been looking at the "Oxlite" ones and am very interested, if there is a better prodeuct please let me know or give me some opinions. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

THanks, Haz!

Old 03-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey haz, i looked at the moose, the oxlite, and the cycle country, brand boot guards, they all go underneath the a-arm, as well as in front, the moose also come up a little behind the a-arm, but as for getting them to fit your quad, I don't think you can, the only ones, in my catalog, that show will fit your '00 xplorer are the cycle country ones, they also look to be very good, as for front and underside protection. As for the oxlites, if you like them and can find them to fit, they look like they would be just as good. Hope this helps.

Spens

Old 03-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Just a thought, but if you cant find any that fit, you can always make your own. Just make a template out of carboard. I made mine out of aluminum and they work great.

Old 03-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

thanks spens and Big bad scrambler, i was also thinkin bout just having my dad make some out of diamond plated stell or alluminum, he works at a welding/fabrication shop during our off time in the fields and stuff, probably be alot cheaper and i could make it outta anything i want, do u happen to have any pic of urs so i have an idea for a design, thanks guys

Thanks, Haz!

Old 03-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ill try and get some pics in the next few days. I just finished them and dont have them mounted yet. It will be a lot cheaper to make them. I used carboard and hot glue to make a pattern. I cut an approx. size piece for the a-arm and glued it on. Then I just started making up pieces and glueing them on and got the right angles and turned the wheels so that I made sure that nothing hit or rubbed. I used .125 alum. cause that is all I had. Diamond plate or steel would work good too. Then make it a little bigger so that you can attach it with 2 u bolts. Hope this helps

Old 03-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I got the pictures on my page. Go to scrambler then to custom skids. - later

Old 03-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

they look nice just my .02cents

Old 03-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks. At first i was concerned that i couldnt get the scratches out but then I realized that hey, they are goin to get scratched anyway. I was more concerned about them protecting tose cv boots and EXPENSIVE cv joints.

Old 03-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to agree with brad on this one, they do look pretty good, and think it would be wise to go that route.

Spens

Old 03-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks. It cost me less than $10 in leftover aluminum that we had at school from our robot that we made. We also have an aluminun welder so that made things easier. I was completely braindead when I made them because if I would have thought about it then I would just have bent it out of one piece instead of welding it. Ohh well. As long as they work

Quick Reply: Cv Boot gaurds for 00' Xplorer 400!?!