Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Banshee abuse of the 4 strokes

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee abuse of the 4 strokes

Originally posted by: Hossblur
I have a raptor and the banshee crowd is pounding on the raptors and predators. I have explained that the banshee is a thing of the past and the future belongs to the big 4 strokes but they keep on yelping about how the shee rules. The shee belongs in the graveyard!!!
Hmm, Never Under-estimate the Banshee as it is Indeed a powerfull and Fast quad. But yes the newer 4-Strokes are getting more high-tech every year, and with each new 4-stroke model there are all sorts of advancements and good stuff. Although these days theres but a few 2-strokes still in production, they still Run with the higher powered 4-strokes. Just amagine what could happen if Yamaha Gives the Banshee a Completely new frame that is both lighter, and Handles better with Better shocks.
that would truely be awesome. But untill than, 4-strokes are King, and they Probably will be from now on!

Old 04-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

has anyone raced the kfx 700 in dirtwheeles it shows a picture of it gettin the hole shot over a banshee and i think the 700 was stock but not sure i no the banshee would kill it on top end but the 700 has alot of torque

Old 04-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Watz up.Haven't been around in a while,having to actually work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] haha I raced one about a month ago(see polaris vs kawisucky) can outrun from a dead stop & rolling start.It's quick,but very front end light.Very heavy feel ,BIG It's somewhat fast for a big bike.Gotta go back to work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

I think 2-stokes can stick around for much longer if the manufacturers would just do some development on the engines. Think of what could happen if anyone would put some time into making a 2-stoke burn cleaner. Max out the ports, add fuel injection, possibly a catalytic converter that would work for a 2-stroke. Even like that they could still kill any 4-stroke competition, with roughly half the displacement and less weight.

Check out this article about a concept honda 2-stroke engine.
Honda EXP-2

Old 04-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, no cats. Remember the horror of cats on cars???? They are expensive, restrictive, and downright ugly. Direct injection and blowby decrease is what is needed to make 2 strokes cleaner, but its an expensive and complicated process.