Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why does polaris get ragged on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does polaris get ragged on?

Originally posted by: comop650
the reason not just honda owners rag on them because they have no resale have 99 400scrambler and it will not beat 300ex and cant hardley give away
Are you saying that a scrambler 400 will not beat a 300 ex? If you are i dont know where you came up with that conclusion. I can beat a 300ex in reverse! There is just no way that 300 engine can compete with a 400 2 stroke. I've beat 300exs left and right and i have yet to get beat by a 300!

Old 04-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's because they think they can shift faster than the PVT, but then they get smoked off the line and up the hill, so they get upset. Oh yeah and remember "you can't go through any water because its belt driven", psh yeah right I've gone through water up to the seat with no problems whatsoever. And the reason that they made it an automatic is because it always runs, no need for push-starting. And as far as jumping goes, you can jump any quad.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

And as far as jumping goes, you can jump any quad.
definatly the truth there! that includes overweight underpowered utility quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] hehe

Old 04-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

You can jump any quad...it just depends on badly you wanna get beat by gravity. Does Honda's R&D shizzle not stink? They prolly had plenty of problems back in the day too. Seriously the machines we were talking about...400ex vs Scram 400...How do u compare an under powered race rigged quad to and over powered pleasure seeker. In a straight Drag the scrammy will win eventually but the PVT can only move so fast. U wanna race in the woods...i'd still take the EX just cuz of the frame. But really, they have nothing to talk about except how the PRED eat every EX alive and then some.

Old 04-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

You got that right. Some of them in the honda forum say that the pred is what they are worried about. Tryin to keep up with the big bores[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

The only guys in the honda forum that should be talkin about an advanced racing machine are the ones with the 510EX's.

Old 04-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

It is because they wish they had bought a Polaris instead

Old 04-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

I think that a lot of it is jealously, because if they had ever ridden a Polaris compared to the ride of a Honda they would be wanting to ride one a lot more. I had a Magnum 330 4X4 and just today traded it for a new Sportsman 600 and the ride of the Magnum was superior to a Honda Rancher, and although the Magnum is not as fast as a Rancher the difference at the end of the day on how you feel would be amazing. A Rancher is a good bike but it's only a 3wd. when it comes to climbing or getting out of a mudhole the Polaris will beat it almost every time. All my friends ride Honda's and I love the fact that I am riding something different, they just look at it and then look at me then look at again, they are completely bamboozled and don't know what to say. I have already had to pull a couple of Ranchers up a slick greasy hill because their 3wd wouldn't make it up, when one od their front tires came off the ground and started spinning while the other just sat there and did nothing.
You know how the old saying goes, "You always fear things, that you know nothing about"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Let's not forget: "Like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person" or "Stupid people shouldn't breed, makes more stupid people"

Old 04-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I definitely get ragged on by my family for having 'the best damn girl quad out there'. But that is where all the fun is. They ride Raptors, Predators, & 400Ex's. Except for top speed drag racing, my Scrambler is not lacking in anything else! And I even have 4x4 to really leave them behind once we stop drag racing and go trail riding. Half the fun in riding is showing off your skills in jumping, wheeling, and roosting! (In my circle, I'm the King of the jumps and wheelies!! Although, my brothers and their Raptors gave me a run for the money! I called it a tie! Their skills are definitely improving!). I do like their bikes and they are more powerful and faster, I'm not going to trade in my Scrambler and get something else. Although I'll be the first to admit that if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I probably would have bought something else. Only because (with the exception of 1 or 2 companys) there is a severe lack of 2nd party after maket accesories for the 500 Scrambler, stuff like graphics, engine mods, body panels, etc. It's frustrating to read the ads of ATV magazines and see really cool stuff that's not availabe for Polaris. Oh well!

Quick Reply: why does polaris get ragged on?