Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why does polaris get ragged on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does polaris get ragged on?

Until A few years ago polaris was like the big three car makers in the 80s, They were ok but just didnt last very long but just like the auto makers they have gotten much better the last sevral years.Its nice to see polaris making a run for the top.And as for me I dont care what Im buying I look for the things that say MADE IN THE USA...I know some motors are made by fugi but the bottom line is alot more of my money well stay here in the US for buying a polaris...

Old 05-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Range Rover

bill35,

amen!!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

Im not trying to get another flame going here, but on the front of my honda it says made in South Carolina. I usually would rather have something american made over something japanese made, but i think you just need to buy the product you think is the best no matter where its made. I know honda originated in japan, but they now are making their atv's in the U.S.A..

Old 05-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

The profit of that sale still heads right back to the japs...And your right you can buy whatever you want to buy..If you read my post it says [i] as in ME I dont care what you buy.I just belive in my fellow American workers.Like the song says if it hunts if it last for years you can bet your bottom dollor it was made right here...there most be a reason why all you guys keep hanging out here in the POLARIS form.

Old 05-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

I dont "hang out" here, i just like to read what everyone else has to say. I like my honda and will more than likley stick with honda as long as i live, but ive had no experience with polaris so i dont know how good they are. It just seems like they sure do have a lot of problems. A guy my dad works with had a 325 magnum or something, and the engine on it got blew up some how. His son was supposedly hard on it though, so i dont know what happend.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

rednecke,

the reason japanese firms are building things over here is because it's cheaper for them
todo so... they are in a deflationary economy with no growth, it's extremely expensive to
live in japan and wages are extremely high.. cost of living is terrible over there.because of
this , they build their products here, and sell them here.. they save on labor rate and shipping.

They're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts to help americans, they're doing
it because it helps the japanese companies have growth where they ordinarily would not..
by the way, we are the largest importer of japanese goods.. but they import very little from
us because their government puts very heavy tarriffs on imported goods from us.. we have
a huge trade imbalance because of it and that is a BIG reason I won't buy a japanese atv
or car...they've done this to themselves... they have good products, just lousy international
business attitudes.

If we don't buy american , we'll lose that american company.....we do have a choice when
it comes to atvs... polaris... or bombardier(canadian),, both are excellent companies..

Old 05-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

We also have the choice of honda, yamaha, arctic cat, suzuki, kawasaki, and a few others. Like i said, I will more than likley buy the product that is made best and will last longest(honda in my case). I would rather my money stay in the U.S., but i also dont want to buy an american product if i am always having to work on it and not get to ever ride it. Not saying polarisis are unreliable, but it seems they have more problems than most other brands. I do like bombardier a lot though, just by looking at the innovation of their machines, and they look to be built good. I will probably always have an american truck though, because they never build anything as heavy duty as ford, chevy, or dodge in my opinion, and even though they may last pretty long, the american trucks do to. I do know that toyotas and nissans are pretty good trucks, but i like chevy,dodge, and ford better.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

I can see my post was completely wasted on your behalf...
I can also tell with age and maturity,that'll probably change
some(hope so).. you're really missing the BIG picture.. but that's
okay... this is America, where we all have the freedom to speak
our minds without reprucussions..

From your post it sure sounds like you've never owned a Polaris,
you're probably going by what one of your buddies sisters boyfriend
said about it.. very reliable source I'm sure..you'd be better served
staying on the honda forum if that's what you like...this forum should
be for the polaris and prospective polaris owners to talk about and
work out issues with their machines.. just as the other atv forums
do.. I would say the same thing if someone were to go on the honda
forum and bash hondas just because they like polaris..either way,
it's just plain rude...

Old 05-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Im not trying to bash polaris, and your right, i have never had a polaris so i dont know.I may own a polaris some day, who knows. One way or the other its all about having fun, and if you like your machine while your doing it, then thats good, and you really shouldnt worry about what others think about your machine though, as long as u like it. Sorry if i was being rude.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

It's frustrating having to explain why to buy products made by American companies. It's downright despicable having to defend those beliefs. I've ready quite a few posts, and I've been involved in them, that are similar to this one. I usually end up saying that if I have to explain it, it probably wouldn't do any good any ways. There is another post, wherein people are all USA, USA, and in their signature it lists all their new Japanese quads.

Buy what you want I guess, but you are not helping the American economy by doing so.

Bill, IRS, I understand your plight.

Scott

Quick Reply: why does polaris get ragged on?