Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why does polaris get ragged on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does polaris get ragged on?

How yah doin Addict,
I'm sorry but i do not remember any other ATV company offering a "race ready" atv. Um yeah so basically we did conclude that we could race anything from pogosticks to frogs. Thank you for the help. Where is that relevant tho? I was simply stating that Cannondale was the only company offering a "factory" race ready machine. In fact two factory built race ready machines. So yeah you can race quads, remote control submarines and aircraft carriers. But i have only seen two ads for factory racing machines. Those being for the Moto, and the blaze. The moto was made to race on MX courses. The Blaze with a narrower wheel base was made specifically for GNCC. And before u go and shove it down my throat that they are all the same machine built around the same engine u are correct. But they have different computer engine mapping and fuel injection systems as well as much different suspension designs. So yes u are correct that u can race nething that can move. But i was simply stating that the ONLY race machines i knew of were the Moto and the Blaze. Thanx...Cant wait to hear from yah.
Scrambled

Old 05-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

rednecke,

I'll just leave it at that.. I can tell by your last two posts
you really haven't comprehended what is being said..I'll
stop before you tell your Daddy and he gets mad at me..

Have fun with whatever you ride....

Old 05-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

and yes, u were bashing polaris and that was your
intent...very obvious...

Old 05-15-2003, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

the reason I bash on polaris is because every time I am riding on trails there is always at least one polaris broken down on the the side of the trail.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

lt250rider...
U must be riding in those really tough trails where American products cannot survive the peril of adventure. Seriously dude, i know ur machine is a die hard but tell me u have never had a problem. You cannot honestly tell me that everytime u ride u see a broken polaris. I ride all the time and i dont see too many broken machines of any kind. Honestly if its not a two stroke i dont see any real trend at all in machines just breaking down on the side of the trail. Now most of the time these breakdowns can prolly be prevented by simple maintnance. Maybe you just ride with people who arent quite smart enough to keep the right fossil fuels in their machines. But dont be saying that u pass a broken polaris on everyride.

Old 05-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

right on scrambler6910.. and I believe if we'll go back and
read his post, it didn't say he'd find a polaris broken down
every time, he said something even worse, he said "at
least one" infering more than...

Absolutely ridiculous... I was born at night, but not
last night.....

I get so tired of Polaris envy just because someone bought
another brand and they now have to justify why they
bought it...funny thing is they usually have never owned one.

It's always my brothers wifes sisters boyfriend knew someone
at work who once owned a polaris and he had to put tires on
it after 2000 miles so it must be a bad machine...etc...

Old 05-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I cant tell you guys how many times I asked them jap boys If they want to hook our quads up back to back and pull.They always give me that same silly look and say man your crazy...Im here to tell you guys polaris is making a serious run for the top.But to me this is much bigger then polaris its a matter of holding your head up high knowing your doing your part...Is everything I own made in the U.S.A. NO but I do try...If there better I dont know but it makes me feel better..

Old 05-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe he saw one, turned around saw it again, went to his trailer 20 feet away, went back out, saw it again, then realized the guy on the Polaris was watching his Honda riding buddy trying to get out of the mud hole he just went through with his Polaris? ooops, said that out loud!
My friend that went out and bought a Rancher ES because someone told him to (he didn't even look at it or any other quad, just went and bought it) gave me greef about my 95 Scrambler, until he tried to go through what I went through. He did manage to get through it, but should I mention there was a rope tied to the back of my quad and the front of his??
Point being, don't talk crap until you've been there. I'll be the first to admit I was pulled out by a Grizzle on a couple of occasions. Mainly due to the "I bet you can't get through that one".

Old 05-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

oooh ow some of that was painful.
are certain of you gonna take our jobs away because we work for a foreign company? I dont get paid in yen. and that 'all the profits go to Japan" just shows you dont watch economics.

thats a hurtful thing to say to someone trying to make a living.

AND we live in a market economy... that "I buy american" is pretty world war 2. If the Martians build the product i want cheaper than Detroit, then they have a sale. That's what freedom and capitalism are all about. I'm not out to slam anyone's ride, i shopped around and bought what i wanted. you should too. If companies are struggling, it's either bad management OR they are not providing the marketable product. Our economy is based on that. go get competitive or go broke. never stop improving! have fun!

Old 05-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

raptor 8, glad u see it that way.. that's why Polaris is probably the
healthiest atv company out there right now.. they sell a ton of em..
great product, competitive price, good management.. capitalism makes
this country great...I wish bombardier could get their act together,, great
atv's...as far as the rest of em, i'm glad they're here, always helps to have
competition.. and as far as the economics of it, by your "yen" statement,
I see u don't have a clue so it's not even worth my time to explain it to
you.. you probably wouldn't understand it anyway... i just find it amusing
about your economics statement.. you probably work on some assembly
line at a japanese company, and you're probably fed this info by the
firm...
I just wish our government would impose heavy tarrifs as a recipricol
measure as the japanese government does to us..nuff said..

Quick Reply: why does polaris get ragged on?