ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Sportsman low rider??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/9793-sportsman-low-rider.html)

atving 04-29-2000 11:03 AM

Well has anybody gave any thought what would have to be done to lower the Sportsmans height through the suspension, I would love to lower my bike so it is not so high up when going up steep stuff would help out a lot...I know I would suffer some of the great suspension but it would really be nice to have it lowered like the AC 500 I own, any thoughts on this...

Jaime 04-29-2000 03:16 PM

Bill instead of modyifying your suspension It would be more effective and reversible to just put smaller tires on such as some 23" and that way you would also lower your gearing giving it a more tourqier feel and the cost would be minimal Just a thought for you.

supertraprecon 04-29-2000 10:32 PM

ummmmmmm i would suggest a quad like a 400ex yeeeaaaahaaaaaawwwwww gonna go ride my sportsman in the motocross race cya later

Lurch77 04-30-2000 12:18 AM

Lets see now, A guy asks about something on a Polaris, and supertrapreacon says buy a 400ex. Way to keep on the subject. Go add some more mods to your "recon", and stay out of the Polaris forum if you have nothing important to say.

Xplor 04-30-2000 01:23 AM

Today's forums are pretty lame...wouldn't you say Lurch?!

sixty9cobra 04-30-2000 01:05 PM

Im getting tired of all the bickering sounds like a bunch of kids in the scholl yard. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!! gonna fight it out by the monkee bars at lunch????????????

supertraprecon 04-30-2000 01:54 PM

ok wasnt quad bashing i have seen sportsmans they are huge i dont see why someone would want to turn a 700 pound quad into a sport machine only reason i would buy a sportsman would be for serious mudding hualing or work which would kinda be hard with 23" tires and yes lurch my quad is not a sport quad either but i will be buying one soon

ok since this is a polaris forum i would recomend a sport or scrambler

sorry about any comments left yesterday was in a wierd mod

300expressor 04-30-2000 06:38 PM

WHo said anything about making a sportsman a sport quad??????? Your dreaming man..

96Cobra 04-30-2000 11:26 PM

Supertraprecon, he just wants to lower the center of gravity for hill climbing, not make a sport quad out of it. Did you even read his (Atving) post?
Later,

atving 04-30-2000 11:58 PM

Well has anybody gave any thought what would have to be done to lower the Sportsmans height through the suspension, I would love to lower my bike so it is not so high up when going up steep stuff would help out a lot...I know I would suffer some of the great suspension but it would really be nice to have it lowered like the AC 500 I own, any thoughts on this...

Well this was my post how could anybody get I was trying to make a sport bike out of it??? Oh well I was just wanting to lower it a little, that is one of the few things I don't like about the Sportsman is the height that is something I really like about the AC 500, I thought about the idea of smaller tires but I think I would miss that beefy look but thats going to do me a lot of good looking beefy if I am on my back over some hill hehehe...Now this may sound crazy but I wonder how air shocks would hold up on a ATV if so just think how great that would be especially if you could run a small compressor. Pump em up for riding water like the river or mud...lower them for climbing or descending and sideways inclines, does anybody think I am crazy for suggesting this...please no comments from Honda riders on the crazy part hehehe the job I work that is one of the requirements that you be nuts.
Anyway the adjustment I am looking for is the height reduction between the tires and the fenders...