Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is the dumbest thing you've ever done with your ATV?
Attempted a Water Crossing
14.89%
Deliberately Ran into Something
0%
Crucially Misjudged the Size of a Jump
12.77%
Got Lost/Stranded
14.89%
Other - My Stupidity Knows no Bounds
57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
ATV Reporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?

It's better to be lucky than smart!

Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ive done a tug o war with a VW Beetle...and was winning. But then I remembered that a full tank of gas doesnt last 4 days when my engine died. After that it got ugly real fast

Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I put it under got lost/stranded. We unknowingly went on a brutal MX trail in the woods of NH. The gate was wide enough for the quads and there was no signage saying, MX only. We now call it the "Trail of Death". It had everything including a rope suspension bridge that we had to go over. Got on an off camber downhill corner and was standing with both feet on the uphill footwell to try to keep it from going over. A 2" high rock was enough to pitch it over with me going over the quad and landing downhill almost in a swamp and looking uphill expecting my 800+ lb. quad to be following me down. It came to rest on its side with the dumpbox of the X2 resting against a pine tree. It took both our winches to get it upright and both of us standing on the footwell to make it around the corner. Then lightening struck the trail about a 100 yards ahead of us. Was not enjoyable.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've done so many dumb things I don't know where to start. Once I winched it up a tree just for sh*ts and giggles.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

None of the above but I've only had an ATV for 10 months.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Just bought my wife her new (then) Trail Blazer. Was out on my brother in laws property riding at night with one of the nephews. Thought I was about 1/4 mile further back on the trail than I was. Knew there was a little hump in the trail and was gonna see if it could get any air.

There still was a little hump, but it was just the edge of a creek crossing. Probably about 6 1/2 feet across. Made 6 feet. Back end caught the downslope of the other side. Sudden stop made me go forward, along with the front end of the quad now coming up. That quad used to have a front rack on it. I used to not have 2 scars on my chin.

Worst part was I also bit my tongue. Not just the tip, but all the way around. That took a while to heal.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Put mine under misjudged size of jump...well, it wasn't a jump and I didn't judge at all. Didnt' see it!

Went riding on a nearby track 'n trails. The trails were pretty gnarly. It was made exponentially worst as we were in the largest drought in many years here in OK. We couldn't see to follow each other. We simply followed the dust trail. I came around an extremely sharp curve that I did not see. Out of the corner of my eye I see my brother at the bottom of a 6' steep drop staring and waiting. I bounced like a pin ball off of sandrock walls before coming to rest on my side. We straighted the destroyed tie-rod and limped back to the truck.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Had to share a story of my 14yo cousin. He is a very backward shy type and will do nothing crazy in front of you but, when nobody is around he gets into trouble. Once I went looking for him and found his blaster sideways IN a ceder tree so far you couldn't see it.

Well once he got grounded for riding on the paved rode in front of the house. He wrecked and busted up his knee. About 8 months later he told us the real story. He had some riding boots with the metal things on the bottom to screw in studs kind of like cleets. He was riding the blaster and "skiing" off the side while holding the handlebars when he hit a pot hole. We laughed and laughed. Oh, and he's about 6' 6" 120lbs wet. The mental image is just hilarious. File that under "stupidity knows no bounds."

Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Had my old Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler motorcycle out on the trails with a buddy and having a blast! He climbed up one hill and I proceeded to follow. As I was coming up he kept motioning over with his arm. He was trying to motion me away from a tree stump, but was too late! Hit the stump directly on the bash plate,threw me over the bars on my back about four feet away! Bike looked like it was perfectly parked on the stump,NO damage at all! My friend laughed so hard he dropped his old ragged out B33 BSA thumper Young and dumb,but wouldn't trade the memories! OPT

Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One time I came to a Y in the trail and couldn't decide which way to go. I drove straight into a tree in the middle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?