ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polls (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polls/)
-   -   Why do you use a fuel additive? (If you do..) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polls/362057-why-do-you-use-fuel-additive-if-you-do.html)

STA-BIL® 12-30-2014 07:43 AM

Why do you use a fuel additive? (If you do..)

Just looking for some general info on why you do or do not use a fuel additive. If you want to participate, please just select the answer that fits best with why you use an additive.

Thanks!

TLC 12-30-2014 01:26 PM

Can't see "Increase octane rating" Its a well know fact that using High test gas on any machine that does not call for it is just a total waste of money.
Fact or Fiction?: Premium Gasoline Delivers Premium Benefits to Your Car - Scientific American

"The compression ratio is fixed by the designer of the engine," Green says. "The regular fuel will burn properly and the premium fuel will burn properly and therefore there is no reason you should pay the extra money."

Other automotive fuels, such as ethanol, can also offer high octane ratings, allowing oil companies to use more volatile gasoline in such blends. But for standard cars on the road today, purchasing premium gasoline is simply paying a premium for a fuel that delivers no added benefits. "If you think you need it," Green says, "you're being very eccentric."
More
Paying a Premium for High Octane Gasoline? | Consumer Information

Unless it’s recommended by your owner’s manual, don’t spend the money on high octane gas. In most cases, there’s no benefit. Higher octane helps only if you have problems with your engine “knocking.”

STA-BIL® 12-30-2014 01:30 PM

How about some samples for everyone who responds to the poll? Just PM me your info (will not be used for any mass emails, marketing material etc.) and we will send you the products below.

4 oz - STA-BIL® 360° Protection Powersports (treats up to 7 gallons)
10mL - 303® Aerospace Protectant

:thanks:

MooseHenden 12-30-2014 02:05 PM

I use it to keep gas fresh. With the modern blend it's necessary to me.

TLC 12-30-2014 02:11 PM

Isn't " Treating ethanol related issues" and "Keep gas fresh " almost the same thing?

scootergptx 12-30-2014 02:11 PM

I use it mainly for cleaning purposes. The bike I also like something that helps with condensation in the tank. Smaller tank, so that can be a problem. Especially since it sits outside in the elements.

I got elements inside the house too, but our table isn't periodic.

user493 12-30-2014 02:50 PM

I use sta-bil and seafoam to keep my gas fresh especially in my lawn mower but in my ATV too.

papahouse 12-30-2014 04:48 PM

I use sta-bil for gas storage and sea foam to keep my carb clean.

nachop 12-30-2014 07:38 PM

I also use Sta-bil and Sea foam for gasoline storage and cleaning. Since I have been using these products, I have yet to have fuel related problems. And some of my engines have sat, unused for as long as 6 months. Before I started using these additives, I was regularly rebuilding/cleaning the carbs on my machines.

old polaris tech 12-31-2014 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by TLC (Post 3272918)
Isn't " Treating ethanol related issues" and "Keep gas fresh " almost the same thing?

That's always been my thinking too on this. I use marine stabil for both reasons,at least hope that it does and so far has been ok.