75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Maxxix Zillas or Interco Swamp Lites?

Old 08-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Swamp Lites look like they'd take forever to wear out but I'd like to know which tire does the best in snow. I thought mud tires with wide spaced lugs were supposed to do better. Zillas should do pretty good in mud and I thought they'd be good for snow too. I don't ride in snow or mud anymore so I think the Swamp Lites would be a lot better choice for me. I still can't decide which way to vote for your terrain that includes mud and snow.
We have trails in NH where there is an agreement that quads and sleds can use the same trails. Lots of riding in Warren, NH and they may open up the Ride The Wilds section in Northern NH. There's also a few railtrails and some smaller areas where it's allowed. The trails are groomed for sleds and there is usually an inch or so of chopped up snow that you can get traction in. I've noticed over the years that people with knobby type tires do better than dedicated mud tires for the most part. The mud tires have a tendency to dig down if you're not careful on the throttle. Once off the groomed trail (unintentional) all bets are off. I've got stuck in waist deep snow I don't know how many times. Winches are wonderful. Got caught in a few snowstorms while out too. Didn't have any issues if we could keep on the trail. Fields can be bad with wind blowing snow around so it's tough to find the trail sometimes. I don't ride alone in the winter. Too easy to get stuck out in the middle of nowhere and even with a winch it can be tough to get back on the packed snow.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I'd pick the Zillas for myself but it doesn't snow that much here. I really don't even need tires that aggressive most of the time but they're so light that it would be hard not to pick them. Even Mud Lite at's weigh more and they're more of an all-terrain tire. But I can get a full set of 4 mud lite at's for $265 with free shipping in stock 25" size, that's a pretty good deal I think. I saw these on a Suzuki Vinson for sale recently
http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Rip-Saw-Tire-Construction-Application/dp/B0045LCMKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1438531740&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=27%22+sedona+ripsaw+atv+tires http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Rip-Saw-Tire-Construction-Application/dp/B0045LCMKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1438531740&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=27%22+sedona+ripsaw+atv+tires
These are relatively new tires. They don't come in a 27" size for 12" rims though, only for 14" rims. Can get a 26" for 12" rims though. They look like a good all-purpose tire and are roughly around $450 for a set of 4 with free shipping for the 26" size. I guess the unknown factor applies here but some have said they work well in the snow and they are radials. They look to be really heavy though, 33lbs is the shipping weight for a 26x9x12 front tire.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by greg74
I know I'd pick the Zillas for myself but it doesn't snow that much here. I really don't even need tires that aggressive most of the time but they're so light that it would be hard not to pick them. Even Mud Lite at's weigh more and they're more of an all-terrain tire. But I can get a full set of 4 mud lite at's for $265 with free shipping in stock 25" size, that's a pretty good deal I think. I saw these on a Suzuki Vinson for sale recently http://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Rip-Saw...psaw+atv+tires These are relatively new tires. They don't come in a 27" size for 12" rims though, only for 14" rims. Can get a 26" for 12" rims though. They look like a good all-purpose tire and are roughly around $450 for a set of 4 with free shipping for the 26" size. I guess the unknown factor applies here but some have said they work well in the snow and they are radials. They look to be really heavy though, 33lbs is the shipping weight for a 26x9x12 front tire.
Know one guy with the Rip Saws that he has on his Grizzly 700. He likes them overall. I really want to get a little more ground clearance though so 27" tires are a good pick. The Max XT-P came with 26" tires and I don't think I'll have to change anything going to 27's.

Pretty much decided on the Swamp Lites. Got a couple places that gave me a quote around $425. Just waiting to see if another guy will beat that offer or not.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:07 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the Zillas due to their much lighter weight for my 350.
26x11 zillas weigh as much as most 25x10. plus they have a tall 1.19" lug.

On a larger displacement ATVs I guess the weigh thing is not so much of a factor.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I chose the Zillas due to their much lighter weight for my 350.
26x11 zillas weigh as much as most 25x10. plus they have a tall 1.19" lug.

On a larger displacement ATVs I guess the weigh thing is not so much of a factor.
Weight affects wear of components like wheel bearing and cv axles. More unsprung weight for your brakes to have to stop too. I'll probably get the MudLite At's because they're cheaper myself. They're aggressive enough for most of the riding I do and they're very light too. The Zillas if I choose the 26" size do have the larger lugs. So even once they start to wear down to say 1/2 tread, they still have lugs almost as big as the at's brand new. That is something to consider. Right now, I'll keep the stock tires for a while I think.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:25 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, That's what I tell people . Why buy Mudlites (ATs) when Mudlites (XLs) will wear down to ATs after a 1000 miles or more.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

With the XL's, there is a significant weight difference. The Zillas are much lighter. I'm definitely talking myself into picking the Zilas over the mudlite at's lol. The only advantage the at's have is price but spending $100 more for a set of superior tires really isn't even an issue for me.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Others have said the Zillas wear quickly. Anybody that can confirm that?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have heard the Zillas don't last quite as long. Its not like they would wear out in a couple hundred miles, just won't last 2000 miles like a set of Bighorns would. The stock tires on my Grizzly have over 3000 miles on them. Even if the Zillas lasted 1000 miles that would still be a long time. When I said superior, I was referring to the performance of the Zillas, not how many miles I would get out of them. I would guess they would not like pavement very much though. I ride on pavement some to get to some of the trails I ride on.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Especially in Maine there are a lot of roadways used as trail connectors. Still looking around but I think the Swamp Lites are the way to go for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maxxix Zillas or Interco Swamp Lites?