Riding Gear Discussions on ATV riding gear.

AX-8 EVO Helmet by AGV Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Default AX-8 EVO Helmet by AGV Review

Dainese, a new sponsor to ATV Connection is the distributor of the AGV helmet, an Italian company.
I was lucky enough to receive the AX-8 EVO helmet to review it.

The very first thing I noticed about this helmet, before I even took it out of the box, was how light it is! The light weight of this helmet will surely help with neck fatigue after a long day of riding.

I was injured in an accident a few months ago and will not be able to ride for a few more weeks, but here are my impressions of the helmet so far.

As I have already mentioned, I am impressed with how light it is.
The style and looks of the helmet meet or exceed any helmet on the market today.

There are a lot of vents on this helmet, the ones I'm specifically interested in are the vents just above the area above your eyes. They appear to direct the airflow downward towards the top of the riders goggles to help keep them fog free!!! The only other helmets I have seen with this feature are some snowboarding helmets.
This is a great feature!!!!

There are also vents that are located on the chin bar, just about in the cheek area.
The vents on the top of the helmet, located at the back of the adjustable visor, are easily closed or opened.

I usually always try on my helmets before buying them, wanting to make sure they fit properly.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the helmet (I wear a large) fits snuggly and is very comfortable.

All the interior padding snaps out for easy cleaning.

I am planning a trail riding day in a few weeks and I will update my review of this helmet then.

So far, I am very impressed.

Here's the link to the helmet:

AGV Helmets: Graphics

AX-8 EVO Helmet by AGV   Review-x5yxoic.jpg

Last edited by IB Cristina; 01-05-2015 at 12:41 PM.